Reflex Hyperandrogenicity From Finasteride.

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
If reflex hyperandrogenicity is due to upregulation of androgen receptors then you will all need to down regulate them. Further starving them of dht or using strong anti androgens will likely just make the situation worse. (Although i have heard from individual that an anti androgen did help him with regards to RH).

A way to down regulate receptors would be to blast them with DHT. When you agonize a receptor it down regulates it, when antagonizing it (starving it), you will upregulate it. Starving receptors = potential RH.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If reflex hyperandrogenicity is due to upregulation of androgen receptors then you will all need to down regulate them. Further starving them of dht or using strong anti androgens will likely just make the situation worse. (Although i have heard from individual that an anti androgen did help him with regards to RH).

A way to down regulate receptors would be to blast them with DHT. When you agonize a receptor it down regulates it, when antagonizing it (starving it), you will upregulate it. Starving receptors = potential RH.
Dude if u blast them with dht... Ul lose all ur hairs in months... Cz ur receptors are already very sensitive... Estrogen downregulates receptors... Try it if u really want to

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude if u blast them with dht... Ul lose all ur hairs in months... Cz ur receptors are already very sensitive... Estrogen downregulates receptors... Try it if u really want to
Ok im interested to hear more. How does estrogen downregulate the receptors? And what methods are there of implementing it? (Topical?)

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok im interested to hear more. How does estrogen downregulate the receptors? And what methods are there of implementing it? (Topical?)
Yes... It has been proved... I don't think topical is very effective... U need to take it orally or via injections....its gonna feminize u surely...its the price we pay for being desperate about hair...

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes... It has been proved... I don't think topical is very effective... U need to take it orally or via injections....its gonna feminize u surely...its the price we pay for being desperate about hair...
Thank you. I just wonder what the mechanisim is as to why estrogen would down regulate androgen receptors? Any thoughts?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Low dose topical E3 is effective and mostly non feminizing. Just quit if you get early signs of gyno.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I just wonder what the mechanisim is as to why estrogen would down regulate androgen receptors? Any thoughts?

Low dose topical E3 is effective and mostly non feminizing. Just quit if you get early signs of gyno.
Yes... I agree but it all depends on how sensitive is ur body to estrogen...sometimes u need high doses of estrogen to make it work

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I just wonder what the mechanisim is as to why estrogen would down regulate androgen receptors? Any thoughts
See body needs one sex hormone to function normally... If u give body with one sex hormone... There is no question of upregulation or downregulation... It's obvious that testosterone activates ar... So providing body with estrogen reduces testosterone nd downregulates receptors.. This is my understanding... I ve tried to make it as simple as possible... Cz I don't have much knowledge about how these receptors work... It has been discussed in this forum as well as to how estrogen downregulates receptors... Nd there are scientific evidences as well...

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
See body needs one sex hormone to function normally... If u give body with one sex hormone... There is no question of upregulation or downregulation... It's obvious that testosterone activates ar... So providing body with estrogen reduces testosterone nd downregulates receptors.. This is my understanding... I ve tried to make it as simple as possible... Cz I don't have much knowledge about how these receptors work... It has been discussed in this forum as well as to how estrogen downregulates receptors... Nd there are scientific evidences as well...
Very interesting. Can you link the forums where this is discussed? Seems to be a little complex.