Reflex Hyperandrogenicity And High Testosterone

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Among the sides of finasteride this seems the most interesting to me. I am trying to map out a way to always be able to have a hair transplant possible to me and i should have my first in the next 10 months. I planned on starting to take finasteride before the strengthin my exisiting miniaturized hairs along my receded hairline and my crown and vertex. My crown is fine atm and the vertex is slightly thin but my surgeon quoted me 1500 grafts to go conservertive in case it would recede more. Recession has tooken from 20 years old to 23 to notice and i have always been a nw2 since 16 now im currently a nw3. The problem is upon discovering something called "reflex hyperandrogenicity" that makes me well afraid. People have complained of acceleration in hair loss and frankly i would be ok with that since i can just get a fue mega session instead if that does indeed happen but i have also seen people say theyre donor area has become worse off after because of this massive never ending shed. If anyone would care to elaborate and discuss the topic it would be greatly appreciated im just afraid this would prevent me from having my hair transplant and future ones, And if i have oily skin and acne will i be more susceptible or maybe sensitive to "reflex hyperandrogenicity" ?

Last edited:

imsupercereal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well here's my experience with the drug so far (I'm 22). I've been on finasteride for 8 months (1.25 mg/day generic) and during this time I have experienced accelerated hair loss across the entire top of my head, and my sides have gotten noticeably thinner. Additionally, I have experienced increased scalp oil, chronic mild testicular pain (has never gone away), increased ejaculatory volume, and decreased thickness of facial hair. I'm really worried that I might have reflex hypoandrogenicity, and I'm very close to just quitting finasteride altogether and relying on minoxidil/dermastamp/massage protocol for preventing further hairloss. There's no hard scientific evidence for reflex hyperandrogenicity but I know for a fact that my hair loss has accelerated :/

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well here's my experience with the drug so far (I'm 22). I've been on finasteride for 8 months (1.25 mg/day generic) and during this time I have experienced accelerated hair loss across the entire top of my head, and my sides have gotten noticeably thinner. Additionally, I have experienced increased scalp oil, chronic mild testicular pain (has never gone away), increased ejaculatory volume, and decreased thickness of facial hair. I'm really worried that I might have reflex hypoandrogenicity, and I'm very close to just quitting finasteride altogether and relying on minoxidil/dermastamp/massage protocol for preventing further hairloss. There's no hard scientific evidence for reflex hyperandrogenicity but I know for a fact that my hair loss has accelerated :/

Sorry to hear this. This could be the phase where it gets worse before better, i know that sounds hard to belive but yea. I think if i do start i will do .25 for a year and increase. Please do update around the 12 + month mark if you could ! Cheers man and all the best ! By the way you should take photos month to month basis to be sure!

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also the question was did you have high testerone levels before taking the medication ? Thanks for sharing and while there is hair transplants dont be too down ! Good luck brother

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude how is ur hair now?