Reflex Hyperandrogenecity or just a normal finasteride shed?

snake190

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 month into Topical finasteride + Min (NW3/ 21M). My dose wasn't consistent because I was getting sexual sides so I tried to balance off things. I had a decent shed in the first month (probs because of min) - but after ~1.5 months my hair loss literally stopped. Less than 5 hairs used to fall in shower etc. I went from NW3 to NW2.5 and my hair thickened up a bit.
But recently, my sex drive increased a bit, and my hairloss increased significantly - that I'm losing >100 hairs a day. My current hair is ~4-5 inch long and the hairs that are falling down are no less than 2 inches? As in, the shed is of medium - long hair mostly. I know this speaks of a shed - but my scalp is very itchy sometimes which results in ~10 hairs falling down. Isn't this an action of DHT? I'm worried that finasteride is not working anymore and that the n% DHT left is f*****g me up. I was using ~0.35mg finasteride a day and due to this shed, I have increased it to ~0.8mg a day (it's more like 1mg one day, 0.6mg another day). Sexual sides have returned but the shed hasn't stopped.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 month into Topical finasteride + Min (NW3/ 21M). My dose wasn't consistent because I was getting sexual sides so I tried to balance off things. I had a decent shed in the first month (probs because of min) - but after ~1.5 months my hair loss literally stopped. Less than 5 hairs used to fall in shower etc. I went from NW3 to NW2.5 and my hair thickened up a bit.
But recently, my sex drive increased a bit, and my hairloss increased significantly - that I'm losing >100 hairs a day. My current hair is ~4-5 inch long and the hairs that are falling down are no less than 2 inches? As in, the shed is of medium - long hair mostly. I know this speaks of a shed - but my scalp is very itchy sometimes which results in ~10 hairs falling down. Isn't this an action of DHT? I'm worried that finasteride is not working anymore and that the n% DHT left is f*****g me up. I was using ~0.35mg finasteride a day and due to this shed, I have increased it to ~0.8mg a day (it's more like 1mg one day, 0.6mg another day). Sexual sides have returned but the shed hasn't stopped.
Thats not a good sign. U got itchy scalp you say? Maybe its inflammation or upregulation. U shouldnt shed 5 months into a treatment. Some People do claim of periodic minoxidill sheddings tho. So it could be that and it Will grow back even thicker. But no guarantees ofc.

snake190

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding. Used to shed 10-12 hairs per itch episode, but this has stopped. Would get an itch once in a while but don't shed like I used to. But I'm still shedding a lot. Increased finasteride dosage, and now I'm getting sexual SEs while still losing hair. Hopefully it's just a finasteride shed :/

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Test your DHT and T levels with a bloodwork instead of inducing random broscience nocebo theories like Reflex Hyperandrogenicity. Whats even the point. Just test out your levels and find out already if treament works as intended.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding. Used to shed 10-12 hairs per itch episode, but this has stopped. Would get an itch once in a while but don't shed like I used to. But I'm still shedding a lot. Increased finasteride dosage, and now I'm getting sexual SEs while still losing hair. Hopefully it's just a finasteride shed :/
Update us.