reduced Minoxidol to 1 ML per day and think I'm shedding?

brevardo

Reaction score
I need some advice. I have been on The Big Three for about 4 years and got great results from in. I have been taking the Minoxidil twice a day at 1 ML per application. I just decided about 3 weeks ago to reduce the Minoxidil application down to 1 time per day ( at night 1 ML ) Would it be normal for me to start experiencing a slight shed? I think that I am a little and it's freaking me out. Just cause it's a shed wouldn't that hair grow back in since I'm taking propecia?

beaner

Reaction score
It's said that 1ml per day should be able to maintain any results achieved with 2 ml per day, although I imagine this could vary from person to person. It could be just a seasonal shed you're experiencing or perhaps your just noticing your normal loss more because your fearful of what dropping your dose might do. If it is indeed a shed caused by a lowered dose of minoxidil, it's no guarantee that it will regrow with the finasteride since the two drugs work by different mechanisms. Since it's only been 3 weeks I suggest that if your worried it may be caused by minoxidil, you should start the 2 ml per day again.