redness

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
im closing in on 3 months on propecia and nizoral, but my scalp is always very red in my diffuse-thinning areas.

I just bought some T/Gel with 0.5% coal tar. Will this help and is there something else you guys could reccomend to help combat this?

G

a little more time will help settle things down.

moisturiser on the scalp.

rinse your scalp with very cold water after shower/bath.

folligen

emu oil

T/Gel with salicylic acid.

etc etc

My scalp was flaky, itchy central for a round 4 months and now not a thing, not even the slightest itch, and i didn't change much during that time. it may take a little time for your scalp to become accustomized to it's new enviroment.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ty,

Did you get the "package"?

Tony

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Worried-

How often are you using the Nizoral and what other shampoo(s) are you using with it?

When I started Nizoral, I wasn't told not to use it every day....I ended up using it everyday for about 4 months and destroyed my scalp. It became very irritated. So, you should really use it about 3 times a week in rotation with a shampoo that is more gentle and moisturizing.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
marksb11 said:
When I started Nizoral, I wasn't told not to use it every day....I ended up using it everyday for about 4 months

OUCH......didn't it come with instructions for use?

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure to tell you the truth. I don't recall it coming in a box with instructions. I believe the label said use every day for a few weeks, but I didn't realize I was supposed to stop using it every day once the dermatitis I had subsided a bit. So I continued to use it everyday for a long time. Ruined my scalp.

The Gardener

Reaction score
TIME should help it. Even with Nizoral, I had serious and I mean serious chunks of scalp tissue coming out of my hair for a few months. It subsided, and hopefully will soon subside for you too.

If your scalp continues to be really bad and seems to have no signs of subsiding, you might consider dropping the Nizoral for a month or so just to see if maybe it is the cause of your irritation.

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently, I use Nizoral Mon, Wed, and Friday. I use either herbal essences or a volumizing shampoo on the other days.

I just bought 0.5% coal tar T/Gel to try something new. I plan on using it right before I use nizoral to see if it offers any help.

I am thinking the good conditioner might be a good idea, any suggestions on that? Thanks.