redness, flaking -->buy what?

soccerguy11

Reaction score
I've tried regular 5 and 2% rogaine but both make scalp itchy and red and flake, and that may hurt the hair follicle even more than its helping (according to a few docs i went to).

I can go to private doctors and buy the minoxidil without the ingredient that makes me itch, but its really expensive for a small bottle.

Questions:

1) should I go back to use regular minoxidil even though I itch and flake, or does it really defeat the purpose?

2) what is the name of that ingredient that I and many others are allergic to?

and most important question...

2) Should I continue buying this expensive 5% without allergic ingredient stuff from the private doctor, or is there ANYWHERE ELSE i can buy it online for cheaper?

please help, i take your guys' advise very seriously!

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1) should I go back to use regular minoxidil even though I itch and flake, or does it really defeat the purpose?
id use 5% and take it for a more prolonged period to see if u get used to it

2) what is the name of that ingredient that I and many others are allergic to?
Non-PPG i think u need.

and most important question...

2) Should I continue buying this expensive 5% without allergic ingredient stuff from the private doctor, or is there ANYWHERE ELSE i can buy it online for cheaper?
not sure where u can get it cheap from, but if u care about ur hair alot, u will pay the cost. i really think u shud try the 5% again tho to see.