Redline9k's Story -(28 and standing at NW3.5.with questions)

Redline9k

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all of the help and resources on the site - they are great.

I have been loosing my hair since i was 18, and luckily it doesnt seem to be going THAT fast, but I give it another 2-3 years before its time to bring out the buzz cut. Its mostly the hairline that is receeding...the crown is just beginning to thin a bit.

Obviously i wish there was something I could do short of hair transplant, but I find hesitation when I think about all of the sides related to finasteride/pro/dutasteride, etc. Currently all I use is Nizoral 1% and a tea tree conditioner when my scalp gets really dry.

I guess my question is, I realize its falling out and I accept that (to some degree). I am not going to let this own me with products that require multi-applications per day with obvious impacts, or horrible sides. Is there really anything after that caveat above that would fall into the category of maintaining what I do have left (thinking saw palmetto, azelic acid, etc), or is it really time to decide if messing around with hormones is worth it?

Thanks everyone

Doug