redd7's Story

redd7

Reaction score
Hi

Im 20 y old, turning 21 next october. I first noticed male pattern baldness when I was about 16. Didnt bother me it was just a thining part on my right temple. However since my father last his hair very young I thought I'd go to a derm and she told me to get regaine 2%. That worked really well and my hair got very thick all over. I used for about a year.

When I was about 17.5 y old I quit it because I didnt like the greasiness. I didnt give it much thought really. Big mistake. I think if I had stayed on it I would have pretty much kept most of my hair until now. Anyway, after that I didnt use anything for some time.

When it became noticeable I started using a dercos system. I think it was L'Oreal. Of course it was crap and after a few months I quit that too. Then again I didnt use anything for a while. It wasnt too bad, while noticeable, and I didnt mind it.

Anyway then I came to England to study. In about half a year it had become very noticeable. I was almost a norwood 3 with very bad thinning at the front and a lot of recession. My parents mentioned a transplant. Still though it didnt bother me too much.

But then I found these forums. I think I would have been a norwood 3-4 by now if it wasnt for that. Anyway I made my research and decided to star using regaine 5% and nizorelle shampoo. In two months I noticed regrowth. Then I added a saw palmetto complex containing pumpkin seed oil and pygeum africanum. Hair fallout stopped completely. I would hardly see any hairs falling during the day and even when showering. regrowth continued at a very fast pace.

Then I discovered toppik. It made my hair look so much fuller almost as before hairloss. I was quite happy at that point. Since then I have continued regowing. I think I am a very good responde to minoxidil. I never shedded or had irritation.

Last Christmas I quit the saw palmetto for two months, to see if it did anything or it was just the minoxidil. I had a big shed and started it again. The shed stopped. I think saw palmetto is very important for me.

Any way now my regimen is : Regaine 5% twice a day
Saw Palmetto Complex twice a day
zinc tablets 15mg once a day
MSM capsules about 2000-3000 mg daily
Aloe vera gel for styling
Nizorelle shampoo 3 times a week
I also use dermatch and toppik but not all the time. I think dermatch looks far more natural than toppik, but I combine the two.

I would say I am a norwood two with frontal thinning. The back is now very thick. When I use coverups I have no thinnng at all and the only problem is the recession.

I think I'll try Lee's 15% minoxidil next month and see what happens. Things are generally looking good.

I wanna thank the site for all the info. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for reading(I know it was long and boring)

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats

wow dude,

I am glad to hear about your regrowth...

to get to norwood 3 before doing anything is quite outstanding...

I was just wondering, how many mg of saw palmetto are you taking a day?

I am combining 1.25 mg proscar and saw palmetto 250mg a day... I think i will stay this way for time to come...

redd7

Reaction score
Thanks man,

I take 320mg of saw palmetto based on other people' posts. Most people think that less than that is useless. Do a search on it and you' ll find many threads. I think to me SP has had a similar effect to was proscar does for most. I just hope i'll continue this way for a few years at least.