Red finasteride

hoser3

Reaction score
Hi - I read on another post that there had been a long discussion about this at Hairlosstalk.com in the past, but I can't find it by searching and think it's probably not around any more. The generic finasteride I got is in strips of 10 (2 rows of 5), small, round pills, and an iron oxide-red colour. They have a line down the middle, which is a bit strange. I have been taking them in quarters for about 2.5 months - not enough time to tell if much is happening. My hair looks a bit worse than it did before I started (I am 35 years old and have diffuse thinning with significant temple recession) - it's nothing that makes me worried, as I have read that 3 months seems to be a low point and I can't expect anything better so soon. I'm not worried on that count; I just want to do all I can. I don't think I've got the head shape to shave, and feel that HM, etc. will be slow enough in coming to be useful when I'm in my sixties. My question is - does anyone know who made this red finasteride, or if it is known to be fake? Thanks for any comment or information anyone may give.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The generic finasteride that comes from india is small white pills in CIPLA blister pack. Genuine propecia is small red hexagonal pills in Propecia blister pack. I get all of mine from In-house Pharmacy.

Yours must be another generic make....maye Dr Reddys or another...

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres lots of Generic stuff....Even available in liquid form, which doesnt taste too good. But its cheap as chips :D thats the reason I was on 5mg per day :D

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
Genuine propecia is small red hexagonal pills in Propecia blister pack. ..
i could've sorn the merck propecia i used to buy was blue and hexagonal, not red.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The one I just got is red and is definitely genuine Merk ...cost a packet. The could be different though in other batches..the colour is just the inactive ingredients..if its got all the Merck paperwork and packaging then its unlikely to be fake.

hoser3

Reaction score
Actually, there isn't any paperwork and it's only the blisters for packaging. It has a code number of GUJ/DRUGS/373. I'll hope that it's okay - it's not far enough along yet that I'd know if it were doing anything or not.