Red Cheeks

Bod

Reaction score
I have been taking Propecia for a month now and I haven't experienced any major side effects apart from my cheeks have gone really red and dry, this all started soon after taking Propecia.

Does anyone know if this is this something that will clear in time or is there anything I could use, so far I have been using E45 Moisturising Lotion (Dermatological) but this is doing nothing but making the cheeks glow red even more, PLEASE HELP!!!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Go to your doctor... I've never heard of that side effect before. Maybe you should switch to a lower dose of finasteride, or maybe get one somethign else?

Adrian1

Reaction score
I've experienced that exact side, off and on for 7 years now. Dry, red cheeks with occasional pimples. Never really gets worse, but it's annoying. I always look like my cheeks are flushed. Never had this prior to starting finasteride. Try natural emu oil. It works better than all the other moisturizers I've used.

Bod

Reaction score
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:58 pm Post subject:
I've experienced that exact side, off and on for 7 years now. Dry, red cheeks with occasional pimples. Never really gets worse, but it's annoying. I always look like my cheeks are flushed. Never had this prior to starting finasteride. Try natural emu oil. It works better than all the other moisturizers I've used.

Your right it never gets worse but its irratating, I have taken your advice and bought some naturay emi oil, Cheers.

hairlesstalk

Reaction score
Hi guys..just thought I'd chime in.
I noticed the same thing when I starte my regime.(Propecia 1mg per day and nizoral)

Do you guys wash your hair in a standup shower so the nizoral runs down your face when you rinse it out?

I started washing my hair in the bath with the hand shower thus keeping said rinse out of my face, skin cleared up in 2-3 days.

So now when I have a shower I wash my body keeping the hot shower water+ nizoral off my face and do my hair and face in the bath.

Might be worth a try.

Adrian1

Reaction score
I had that finasteride side for years before I added Nizoral to my regimen, so I don't think it's the shampoo... well, not for me, anyway.

Bod

Reaction score
I started using Emu Oil and now the red cheeks have vanished and my skin is feeling really smooth. I don't think it was a problem with Nizoral as I got the red cheeks before I started Nizoral so I blame it on the finasteride.