Red blotches

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty unsightly problem. I have these red blotches on my temple and even right below the temples. These blotches are also 3 dimensional. What could this be? This all started to happen when I changed the way i apply my minoxidil. I used to rub it in and now i just spray and let it sit....i know for sure that i am getting more absorbtion this way because on the other way most of it would go on the hair. Please help.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I suggest adding Folligen lotion or spray 30 minutes after you apply the minoxidil. That should help.

HairLossTalk.com

projectb36

Reaction score
does it itch at all, cause i had something similar a week ago and it was some common skin disease you get in the winter. It basically chaps your scap, and when you put minoxidil on it it stings and drys it out causing the redness and bumbs. I'm not saying thats what you have but i just used cortizone to get rid of it.

bombscience

Reaction score
I would also reccomend folligen.

For the first 2-3 weeks it will tingle or even sting, but that is probably because of your existing irritation. Your scalp should then feel better.

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
It's actually going away now. All I do is put lotion on it(i dont think it matters what kind). Than I get vitamin E creme and put a layer on the blotches and leave it there. After a couple of days...it has almost gone away. A few more days and it will be a thing of the past. :lol:

bombscience

Reaction score
DontWannaBeLikeMike said:
It's actually going away now. All I do is put lotion on it(i dont think it matters what kind). Than I get vitamin E creme and put a layer on the blotches and leave it there. After a couple of days...it has almost gone away. A few more days and it will be a thing of the past. :lol:

Cool, vitamin e & aloe are very helpful.