Red Areas/bumps After Nizoral Usage

wanttobelieve

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys!, first time posting here after lurking for a while.

I'm on Propecia and wanted to try Minoxidil and Nizoral. Yesterday I used the 1% Nizoral for the first time and left it for 5 minutes. I then washed my head, let it dry out and applied Minoxidil 5% foam on my crown. Later at night after showering again I noticed red areas all over my crown and in my forelock. It's doesn't resemble acne, it's more like reddish spotty oval areas as if my scalp has been burned.

Now, two months ago I went to the derm because I had red bumps that were peeling in the same forelock spot as now and I was shedding like crazy, it destroyed my forelock. She gave me a Bifonazol 1% shampoo for a month to combat that and it seemed to work well.

Today when I woke up I saw that my crown is a bit reddish but relatively ok, and that the red areas in my forelock are still there. So it's seems it's the Nizoral doing the damage but I don't know if it's because I had a an earlier scalp problem that wasn't treated fully (and that it had a bad reaction with the Nizoral) or if it's simply that I applied too much Nizoral for too long.

I would love to hear some input from you guys