Recurrent Shedding Cycles?

waltherk

Reaction score
I'm 24, have been using Rogaine liquid+Nizoral for about a year (tried Propecia but experienced side effects--you know which ones--and immediately determined it wasn't worth it)

From searching the forums and internet, the consensus I keep finding is that Rogaine may cause a significant shed like 3-6 months in. This has not been my experience. Instead, it seems like every month or two, I go through a recurring shedding phase. It's like my hair will reach a peak limit where the hair is relatively thick and full, and then within a matter of about a week it is completely reduced to a much sparser and sorrier state. Then it seems to thicken back up again. It seems like I've gone through about 4 or 5 of these cycles in just under a year. Overall, I'd say I'm happy with the regimen so far because on average I'd say I've maintained, where before I started I thought I'd be bald in no time at all. I just want to know if this kind of phase-shedding is at all normal. The real killer is that its such a cause of anxiety. My hair looks pretty good, then all of sudden you could see me three or four days later and think I look like i have a completely different head of hair. So far it's grown back fairly well every time...but every time I'm sure its the last and that my hair simply will never look as good as it did on day X again. Anyway, has anyone else had a shedding pattern like this, and what was your experience/results with it?

Thanks