Recommended Treatments Not Stopping Hairloss

Daniel Ribeiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I'm 21 and I've been fighting hairloss for a year and a half, I seemed to be stopping it but recently my thinning returned. I take 1mg of Finasteride a day (as of 4 months ago), i apply minoxidil 2x a day and use caffeine shampoos, I never skipped a day. Willing to take any further advice before throwing the towel and shaving it, seems I'm losing the 'war' here. Only my front is thinning, it used to look much fuller. Thank you
received_293077144741297.jpeg

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I'm 21 and I've been fighting hairloss for a year and a half, I seemed to be stopping it but recently my thinning returned. I take 1mg of Finasteride a day (as of 4 months ago), i apply minoxidil 2x a day and use caffeine shampoos, I never skipped a day. Willing to take any further advice before throwing the towel and shaving it, seems I'm losing the 'war' here. Only my front is thinning, it used to look much fuller. Thank you
View attachment 110564

Wait longer than 4 months if u expect finasteride to do it’s thing. Caffeine shampoos are pretty useless. I’d buy a ketoconzale shampoo to aid with inflammation and it’s weak AA effects may help.
Add dermarolling with minoxidil. You’ll see results later on, but these steps will maximize results.

Daniel Ribeiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will try dermarolling. Even tho the doctor told me it may increase side effects of minoxidil, i never had any problems. Thanks for the reply

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will try dermarolling. Even tho the doctor told me it may increase side effects of minoxidil, i never had any problems. Thanks for the reply
You probably know this now & sorry for bumping it yall but posts like these belong in men’s general hair loss discussions.

I also wanted to say that Doctor’s don’t know anything abt hair loss. I wouldn’t bother even going & paying for a hair loss Doctor/derm as they won’t tell you anything you can’t find here + they’re outdated. I haven’t seen many if any ppl getting sides from minoxidil+ dermarolling that seem significant. minoxidil side effects are normally just dark eye circles which occurs to a lot of its users even w/o dermarolling.

Make sure you check the dermarolling faq thread here so you know how to properly do it!

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It may not be a real case of balding. It might stop anytime and not return for a very long time. That is often the case with frontal thinning, let's hope that's your case