Recommended regimen without Finasteride?

thatwilldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, new here looking for advice if possible

I'm 52 now, been losing hair since around 30. On top and also receding to the sides. Has got to the point now where I really don't want to lose much more. I tried Propecia over 20 years ago and had significant side effects so that's not for me.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a regimen without Finasteride and if it's still possible to get decent results. I'm up for a disciplined regimen even if it includes multiple products, things to do etc though just can't have Finasteride as part of it, even topical. I've read about things like microneedling etc to improve the effectiveness of any topical applications.

Many thanks

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to me your best option is Minoxidil+Dermarolling. High regrow potential, but cumbersome to do, specially the minoxidil part. Also do look into supplements such as Zinc/Vit D. Asides from that, i'm afraid you start to move more into the zone of speculation and untested drugs. I'd reccomend you hard-massages on dermarolling-off days before applying minoxidil.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are going the topical minoxidil / needling route, add tretinoin which will increase its effectiveness.

If your hair loss is pretty aggressive, consider oral minoxidil. RU58841 is a topical anti androgen that you can consider stacking.

jazz1

Reaction score
Regenepure DR, derma roller, minoxidi, nizoral, divine herbal oils and a good natural DHT blocker.

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think natural DHTblockers are a load of crap having tried them such as saw palmetto and revivogen over the years. If you dont want to take a pill a day topical finasteride is the way to go.

thatwilldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, good info. I think I'll go Rogaine (I'm in UK) and derma roller then - I saw someone had posted their regime for that online somewhere

finasteride had such a negative impact on me I'm not really keen to do even topical

I'm not looking for miracles, maybe a slow down and even a stop if I'm lucky. What worries me the most is how fast things might start to shed again if I stop after a year or so

thatwilldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on here. I tried topical finasteride and the sexual side effects were still present so not for me.

happy to continue with derma and minoxidil - could you guys confirm oral minoxidil might be more effective? I think someone suggested that.

also what is the best natural dht blocker? Happy to try.

by the way i came out in hives on my chest with derma 3 times a week and it was really itchy all over my skin. I’ve stopped derma now though might go back trying once and week on the small needle roller

thatwilldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil plus tretinoin . Ketoconazole Shampoo . Cetirizine 1 % lotion .
Thanks James - can you confirm you’ve had decent results with this?
I’ll copy you regimen if you think is worth a shot

I notice when I press your ‘my regimen’ button it does not include cetirizine 1% - you think I should add that also?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks James - can you confirm you’ve had decent results with this?
I’ll copy you regimen if you think is worth a shot

I notice when I press your ‘my regimen’ button it does not include cetirizine 1% - you think I should add that also?
I have to update the treatment . The Tretinoin plus minoxidil I have being use it every night since 1998 ! And Ketoconazol Shampoo by early 2000s . Cetirizine 1 % is great too . Try that combo for at least 6 month, you will see results as soon as 4 weeks . But between 4 to 6 month you will have an idea on how it is working for you .
Keep in mind that once you start minoxidil, you can't replace it with other drug . But , Again, using it none stop since 1998. It is not a problem, easily to get , available worldwide and it take you 5 minutes to apply. Find a pharmacy that compound that lotion .
Good Luck :)

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, new here looking for advice if possible

I'm 52 now, been losing hair since around 30. On top and also receding to the sides. Has got to the point now where I really don't want to lose much more. I tried Propecia over 20 years ago and had significant side effects so that's not for me.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a regimen without Finasteride and if it's still possible to get decent results. I'm up for a disciplined regimen even if it includes multiple products, things to do etc though just can't have Finasteride as part of it, even topical. I've read about things like microneedling etc to improve the effectiveness of any topical applications.

Many thanks

It is my personal belief baldness-heart disease-high blood pressure are connected.

What connects those?

Cortisol and aldosterone. I believe cortisol/aldosterone causes baldness.

There is only one study showing that using eplerenone, which blocks aldosterone, grew hair.
Oral Minoxidil -a blood pressure drug - also regrew hair in men.

Thing like perindopril, eplerenone or similar drugs that stop aldosterone/cortisol will help with hair.

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to update the treatment . The Tretinoin plus minoxidil I have being use it every night since 1998 ! And Ketoconazol Shampoo by early 2000s . Cetirizine 1 % is great too . Try that combo for at least 6 month, you will see results as soon as 4 weeks . But between 4 to 6 month you will have an idea on how it is working for you .
Keep in mind that once you start minoxidil, you can't replace it with other drug . But , Again, using it none stop since 1998. It is not a problem, easily to get , available worldwide and it take you 5 minutes to apply. Find a pharmacy that compound that lotion .
Good Luck :)
Hey, I have 0.3% tretinoin lotion. Do i just mix it in minoxidil liquid or better to apply separately (diluted to 0.025% of course)?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I have 0.3% tretinoin lotion. Do i just mix it in minoxidil liquid or better to apply separately (diluted to 0.025% of course)?
0.3 % ? sure ? that is kind of strong, in acne it is usually use it from 0.025 % to 0.1 % . An it is usually a gel or a cream . It if a lotion and you can diluted to 0.025 % , it don't matter what do you apply first . Don't add it to minoxidil cause you will diluted the minoxidil and will not longer be 5 % . If you get a cream or a gel, apply first the minoxidil lotion, let it " dry " for 15 to 30 minutes and then apply the gel or the cream .

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.3 % ? sure ? that is kind of strong, in acne it is usually use it from 0.025 % to 0.1 % . An it is usually a gel or a cream . It if a lotion and you can diluted to 0.025 % , it don't matter what do you apply first . Don't add it to minoxidil cause you will diluted the minoxidil and will not longer be 5 % . If you get a cream or a gel, apply first the minoxidil lotion, let it " dry " for 15 to 30 minutes and then apply the gel or the cream .
Thanks!
And yeah, it's 0.3% liquid from minoxidilmax.