Recommended regimen without Finasteride?

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
You now how to diluted to get the 0.025 % ? It said in the bottle the solvents used ?
Yea, they got instructions on the website. I had to purchase solvent that consists of ethanol, glycerine and emulsifiers. I mixed 60ml of the solvent and 5ml of the 0.3% Tretinoin.
The mixture is a bit greasy tbh, I tried cream before and it seems to be more convenient.

jazz1

Reaction score
You could try Hairloss oils like divine herbal that contains saw palmetto and other ingredients, Regenepure DR shampoo contains ketaconazole, minoxidil foam and derma roller.

thatwilldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to update the treatment . The Tretinoin plus minoxidil I have being use it every night since 1998 ! And Ketoconazol Shampoo by early 2000s . Cetirizine 1 % is great too . Try that combo for at least 6 month, you will see results as soon as 4 weeks . But between 4 to 6 month you will have an idea on how it is working for you .
Keep in mind that once you start minoxidil, you can't replace it with other drug . But , Again, using it none stop since 1998. It is not a problem, easily to get , available worldwide and it take you 5 minutes to apply. Find a pharmacy that compound that lotion .
Good Luck :)

I'd like to try this for a good while then - I had a good search how to get this in the UK though no luck really. Not sure if you're in the UK James - could I ask how you source this stuff including the shampoo? I assume there's some home mixing that will need to go on too?

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is my personal belief baldness-heart disease-high blood pressure are connected.

What connects those?

Cortisol and aldosterone. I believe cortisol/aldosterone causes baldness.

There is only one study showing that using eplerenone, which blocks aldosterone, grew hair.
Oral Minoxidil -a blood pressure drug - also regrew hair in men.

Thing like perindopril, eplerenone or similar drugs that stop aldosterone/cortisol will help with hair.
I assume that cortisol disturbs the balance of hormones. Personally, it works for me like this, from sex / excitement, nervousness and irritability increase. At the same moment, hair loss intensifies, manifests itself in the form of itching and this is not the case when it seemed to me. On finasteride, at a high dose of about 2.5-4 mg, there are no such neural manifestations (weaker doses do not cope with this), which hints at a connection. In this case, I can only speak for myself, maybe other balding people don't have nerve problems.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just started a natural regimen as I don’t want to use to fina either all the things I’m using have hair studies to support
Topical sesame oil twice
A
Day (regrowth study)
Seba med caffeine /piroctone olamine shampoo
Internal annurca apple extract ( procyanidin B2 )
Tocomin tocotrienols 300 mg /day
Habanero powder for capsaicin half teaspoon per day
Let soy extract isoflavones ( high dose)
Pine phytosterols ( beta sitosterol ) 3 caps a day
Now mixed phytosterols ( beta sitosterol ) 4 caps per day
B complex
Vitamin d
Brewers yeast
Lecithin
Tahini
Almond butter
Dark chocolate
Shi Sandra powder
Tudca 1500 mg per day
Lycopene lycomato 60 mg per day

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just started a natural regimen as I don’t want to use to fina either all the things I’m using have hair studies to support
Topical sesame oil twice
A
Day (regrowth study)
B complex
Vitamin d
Brewers yeast
Lecithin
Tahini
Almond butter
Dark chocolate
Shi Sandra powder
Tudca 1500 mg per day
@losingbattle88

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride. Alternatively, if you're against using any 5ari you can use spironolactone and e3.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, new here looking for advice if possible

I'm 52 now, been losing hair since around 30. On top and also receding to the sides. Has got to the point now where I really don't want to lose much more. I tried Propecia over 20 years ago and had significant side effects so that's not for me.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a regimen without Finasteride and if it's still possible to get decent results. I'm up for a disciplined regimen even if it includes multiple products, things to do etc though just can't have Finasteride as part of it, even topical. I've read about things like microneedling etc to improve the effectiveness of any topical applications.

Many thanks
You could try topical finasteride in much smaller dosages. Studies have shown it to be almost as effective as oral (systematic) with virtually none (or none at all) of the side-effects.

I am using topical finasteride and topical dutasteride and have noticed zero side-effects.

Oral finasteride at 1.25mg every second day gave me all the usual side effects.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical sesame oil twice
A
Day (regrowth study)
B complex
Vitamin d
Brewers yeast
Lecithin
Tahini
Almond butter
Dark chocolate
Shi Sandra powder
Tudca 1500 mg per day