Recommended FUE in Europe

Corkie

Reaction score
I have been looking on various forums for some recommended FUE Docs in Europe (Bit of a minefield). I am looking for some FUE treatment into a strip scar/donor plug repair. I am not a good flyer so have been focusing in particular on some Belgian Docs (********, Mwamba & Devroye). Any suggestions anyone ?

Thanks

Corkie

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
if i would go in belgium, i would go to prohair : http://www.prohairclinic.com/

there prices for megasession fue are great...

also istanbul gives good transplantations ... and at half price of other places...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Bisinga, devroye are good, or pro hair clinic that wesley posted are probably your best bets in Europe.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm It maybe worthwhile to travel to Belgium from US for FUE.

With the USD going up against the Euro and British Pound, maybe it will be cheaper to do overseas. :dunno:

Being from NJ, Bernstein charges $12/graft so you only get 500 grafts for a $6K procedure.

With today's exchange rate at a low $1.28 for 1 EUR, for a 500 FUE it would only cost $2240 :woot: Thats only $4.48 per graft!
1000 FUE would be $4480... so no further discounts there.

tempting...

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
yep on our hairforum there are many people that has gone to prohair

the results are great...

this is our hairforum translated with google from dutch to english :

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... =en&swap=1

for us , its only a 40min drive with the car...

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
http://74.125.19.113/translate_c?hair loss=nl& ... JMqipbkmww

http://74.125.19.113/translate_c?hair loss=nl& ... czppGNafCg

http://74.125.19.113/translate_c?hair loss=nl& ... U97D4I0Nqg

http://74.125.19.113/translate_c?hair loss=nl& ... 7ZUp5bZ-Rg

---------------------------------------------------------------
to see any pictures posted , you need to register...
its from our dutch webforum translated from dutch to english...

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like there is some good results.
good price as well on that site. gues i vil have to save some then =)

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
yep on our hairforum there are many people that has gone to prohair

the results are great...

this is our hairforum translated with google from dutch to english :

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... =en&swap=1

for us , its only a 40min drive with the car...

Yes some of the results look good on the forum, but remember that this is a forum sponsored by prohair.. if not it looks like it from all the sticky posts..
Thats wy i was wondering if anyone here had some experience from prohair clinic

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
theres one add on the site from prohair that wright...
sinds running a server is not cheap , is there no adds on hairlosstalk ?

i can say that the posts are from people that been there and there no way its controlled by prohair our forum...

in september i would go myself to prohair
i think i go on consult in 2 weeks, still need to call to set a day for consult

i'm first gonna let them check how mutch grafts i have lefts as donor...

i contacted also dr keser , he said based on my pics i sended i need about 1500 a 2000 grafts...
but he charges 3 euro/graft
and i still look arround for other clinics , but still prohair stands out for the price... and its only 40min drive with the car for me...

i still waith for some responce mail from other clinics in turkye
i'm looking for quality and best price

for the moment prohair still stands out sinds after 1000 grafts there prices drop to 1,5 euro / grafts...

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
theres one add on the site from prohair that wright...
sinds running a server is not cheap , is there no adds on hairlosstalk ?

i can say that the posts are from people that been there and there no way its controlled by prohair our forum...

in september i would go myself to prohair
i think i go on consult in 2 weeks, still need to call to set a day for consult

i'm first gonna let them check how mutch grafts i have lefts as donor...

i contacted also dr keser , he said based on my pics i sended i need about 1500 a 2000 grafts...
but he charges 3 euro/graft
and i still look arround for other clinics , but still prohair stands out for the price... and its only 40min drive with the car for me...

i still waith for some responce mail from other clinics in turkye
i'm looking for quality and best price

for the moment prohair still stands out sinds after 1000 grafts there prices drop to 1,5 euro / grafts...

Thats good to hear, since i probably will get mine there in some years.
How are things in turkye ? im white with blond hairs.. just wondering if there are any risks to travel there looking 2 white :p (kidnapping etc.)

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
heheh turkye is like another city...

i walked there arround , did some shopping...
things are extremly cheap there, copys or real :
nike , armani , gstar ,adiddas , lacoste , levis

ok , people there are verry friendly and honest
i payed to mutch for a pitta and they said it was to mutch and gave it back
everything is cheap there...

i was in istanbul , the maincity of turkye
verry clean, mutch stores , got a bunch of clothes from there , it was good

example : new dieselshoes cost here 145 euro , in turkye the same pair cost 75 euro... and also the real ones...

a copy that i almost didnt see it was a copy : adiddas sweather : 15 euro
when i go again, i will go with a empty case, and buy everything there (clothes)

but still it cant beat prohair in fue...
dr keser was 500 euro expensiver at 2000 graft fue then prohair , also i would need to pay the flight , hotel... what would boost the costs even further...
and for 2000 fue he needs 3 to 4 days , while prohair does it in one day...

CCS

Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:

I'd rather go to the Doctor that does 2000 grafts in more time, not less time. The faster Doctor might be more skilled, or might be rushing. If the faster one just has a bigger staff, fine. But I'd rather do the 3 to 4 days and know the grafts are harvested carefully.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
wesleyBelgium said:

I'd rather go to the Doctor that does 2000 grafts in more time, not less time. The faster Doctor might be more skilled, or might be rushing. If the faster one just has a bigger staff, fine. But I'd rather do the 3 to 4 days and know the grafts are harvested carefully.
well time is a factor for better survival for the grafts as well, the longer it takes for the dr to insert them, while he keeps the grafts in that gel stuff the worse chanse of graft survival so 3-4 days seems to me like a very slow Doctor.
hopefully he doesnt take out more grafts at the time, so he can insert them before the 3 hour mark.

CCS

Reaction score
Big difference between FUE and strip: FUE he can harvest for whatever period of time is safe, however few he gets done in that time, and then insert them before harvesting more. So even if he has low skill, he'd have to be just foolish to let them die from being out too long.

As for strip, some docs take the strip out one piece at a time, but if they do it all at once like others do, then they better be fast about cutting it up once it is out.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
well i have still verry thick donor ...
so my first job would be to let them calculate how many grafts donor i still have for hair transplant's...

if they say : you have 5000 grafts total for hair transplant...
i would go for 2500 or 3000 grafts
and split this in 2 relaxed days...
its not that the doctor at prohair rushes things to mutch...
its just that there trained to do mega-sessions...
als they work in shifts : (assistants only, not the doctor...)

from there site :

Implanting hair follicles is a very delicate and precise task. It requires intense concentration and good hand-eye coordination.
Furthermore our technicians are trained to work with high magnification glasses in order to make dense packing possible.

Our implanters are trained over an extensive period of time before they are allowed to work independently. Because the task of placing hair follicles in tiny slits is very tiring, the implanters take turns.
The planting of the grafts is supervised by the doctor.

Irishrover

Reaction score
Hi All,

Long time reader of the forum, first time poster. I saw this topic and just thought I had to weigh in. I had an operation with Prohairclinic in May 2008. I had 2001 grafts placed in the temple region. At nearly 8.5 months, I have had very poor results.

I decided on having my op with prohair after seeing some very impressive results on various forums. But honestly, with hindsight, considering the amount of procedures they do, I did not see enough variety in the pictures they have posted. By this I mean, I am seeing alot of the same photos posted on different websites.

Given the choice, i obviousy woud not go through with the procedure again. I spent a lot of money and wasted a lot of grafts only to be in tha same position I was 9 months ago. Pretty upsetting to say the least.

I will post photos and give more detais of my Operation if people are interested? Or if anyone is considering Prohair and would like more info, I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

IR