Recipe for topical spironolactone

the frog

Reaction score
Hey folks,
So I see some of us are mixing spironolactone at home, crushing pills and adding it to lotion...
1- What is your recipe?
2- How do you know it is safe/effective?

You guys rawk.
Jeremy

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Do a search and you'll find that spironolactone. topical doesn't have any systemic absorption problems.

Is it effective? Well, as in any other "remedy", it helps some men and doesn't help other men. It's not a cureall.

I use Bryan's recipe. Six, 100mg tablets, crushed and mixed in 20ml of a neutral beauty cream like Cetaphil or Neutrogena. Bryan uses Dermovan, it is a neutral cream used by dermotologists.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Bryan suggests keeping it in the refridgerator. That's what I do.

the frog

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Do a search and you'll find that spironolactone. topical doesn't have any systemic absorption problems.

Is it effective? Well, as in any other "remedy", it helps some men and doesn't help other men. It's not a cureall.

I use Bryan's recipe. Six, 100mg tablets, crushed and mixed in 20ml of a neutral beauty cream like Cetaphil or Neutrogena. Bryan uses Dermovan, it is a neutral cream used by dermotologists.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Bryan suggests keeping it in the refridgerator. That's what I do.

Very helpful. Thanks for the details!
I will try to find a post that suggests where to buy the pills...