Recently Started Finasteride, Looking For A Little Reassurance

NorwoodSadness

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride about 20 days ago. I know this is wayyyyy to early to see results, I'm not worried about that, but I am starting to worry that I may be a non-responder. It's hard to know exactly how many hairs I’m losing daily, but I see that I’m losing 35-50 hairs in the shower still. I would guess I’m still losing 100+ hairs a day. I’ve read that finasteride shedding is sort of a misnomer, and that hairloss should basically stop right away. I’m a little worried that I have aggressive male pattern baldness, am a non-responder, and that I am fucked. Am I being too neurotic? Should I be worried.

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride about 20 days ago. I know this is wayyyyy to early to see results, I'm not worried about that, but I am starting to worry that I may be a non-responder. It's hard to know exactly how many hairs I’m losing daily, but I see that I’m losing 35-50 hairs in the shower still. I would guess I’m still losing 100+ hairs a day. I’ve read that finasteride shedding is sort of a misnomer, and that hairloss should basically stop right away. I’m a little worried that I have aggressive male pattern baldness, am a non-responder, and that I am fucked. Am I being too neurotic? Should I be worried.

Try helping it work by what you eat. Google foods that help your hair and take a natural supplement called ashwagandha. Its helps reduce stress levels naturally in the body which helps combat hairloss internally.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Neurotic yes. 20 days is nothing. Hold on and goodluck. Watch your hair closely.

NorwoodSadness

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to worry. Everyone loses 100+ hairs a day whether they are balding or not. The question is are those hairs growing back thinner or thicker. It generally takes at least 6 months to be able to tell. If you're that panicked you could always switch to dutasteride. With that there is almost no chance of it not working.
I’ll probably just relax and trust that the finasteride will work. But if I keep losing hair like this at ~3 months I probably will consider switching to dutasteride.