Recent 670 graft FUT with Dr. Bloxham

fenster59

Reaction score
Hi, all. Just recently I had my final FUT procedure of ~ 670 grafts done with Dr. Blake Bloxham of Feller & Bloxham in NY. MY donor area is pretty much played out after this one. This is likely my last dance with hair transplants. I’ve had 8 previous FUT procedures with some really inept and/or morally-bankrupt doctors and limited technology— I began in 1984. Many of these FUTs led to poor results, significant scaring, and the need for remedial work. This is my second consecutive FUT procedure with Dr. Bloxham. I’m hoping it will turn out as productive as the previous one a few years ago ( I can’t recall how many grafts that was ). That procedure was largely focused on the front/mid-scalp areas, and I was really pleased with Dr. Bloxham‘s skill and his kind and generous nature. Anyway, here’s my pic of crown area after Day 6. Most scabs had fallen off at this point. Grafts are small singles and some doubles I believe. Scar not shown, but healing well.
1642520068019.jpeg

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, all. Just recently I had my final FUT procedure of ~ 670 grafts done with Dr. Blake Bloxham of Feller & Bloxham in NY. MY donor area is pretty much played out after this one. This is likely my last dance with hair transplants. I’ve had 8 previous FUT procedures with some really inept and/or morally-bankrupt doctors and limited technology— I began in 1984. Many of these FUTs led to poor results, significant scaring, and the need for remedial work. This is my second consecutive FUT procedure with Dr. Bloxham. I’m hoping it will turn out as productive as the previous one a few years ago ( I can’t recall how many grafts that was ). That procedure was largely focused on the front/mid-scalp areas, and I was really pleased with Dr. Bloxham‘s skill and his kind and generous nature. Anyway, here’s my pic of crown area after Day 6. Most scabs had fallen off at this point. Grafts are small singles and some doubles I believe. Scar not shown, but healing well.
View attachment 174994
Thanks for sharing this. Hope it works out for you.

Where did you have your first 6 transplants? How old are you now? How much did Feller and Bloxham cost?

fenster59

Reaction score
I’m now 63 yrs old. I believe Dr. Bloxham charged me $6 per graft for this procedure.

I had my first 6 transplants done with 4 separate practitioners that are no longer in biz. They no longer pose a threat to anyone out there. They weren’t all bad, but none were good— or worth what they charged. Many grafts simply never took, and I was left with horrendous scarring. The untold truth of the industry—even today— is that you will never get 100% of your grafts to take. Getting higher yields depends on a number of factors, chief among them finding a skilled and invested doctor.

If my horror story has any take aways it’s this: Do your research, and make sure it’s CURRENT research. Check Reddit and and Quora, as well as all sites you can find. Doctors may have built up great reputations, but over time they can seriously backslide. Be sure the Doctor you hire is doing his best work currently, and not just resting on his once gold-plated reputation. Is he involved in the procedure itself, or is he barely involved. Does your outcome seem to matter to him, or is his practice just another hair transplant mill. Your transplant means the world to you, does it matter to him? How much effort does he actually put in?

Dr. Bloxham performed my best transplant yet, which was the one prior to this one. My hair is salt & pepper, and straight. Hair weight is medium to fine. I’m hoping this new transplant will be as successful as his previous one. Dr. Bloxham is extremely skilled and honest. He doesn’t over-promise, and he makes the effort. I trust him. This was a small procedure and challenging because my donor area is small and has a lot of scar tissue. ( I’ll eventually turn to SMP for work on my scars and to add density. ) Dr. Bloxham was working only on my crown which was my biggest area of concern. Below is a poor, self-taken, pre-op pic of the area that was addressed:
1642623725236.jpeg

Last edited:

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feller and Bloxham have a good reputation and are definitely on my short list domestically. Thanks for the advice. Glad to see they could help you after what you’ve been through. Please keep us updated on how things turn out.