ReceedingHairGuy's story - (is there any hope for me?)

ReceedingHairGuy

Reaction score
i am 24, had noticed my receeding for a year, but never did anything about it, i tried various attempts of making my hair look thicker, but nothing worked.

it wasnt untill today that i decided to wake up and stop pretending, and to come online and see if i could find a solution! my brother is balding badly at 30 and i don't want to go down that same path

here are some photos i took, the top image is me with my hair pushed back, the ones below it are my hair pushed down

hairfront.jpg

hairleft.jpg

hairright.jpg

is there hope for me to restore my hair back to an acceptable level where my receeding won't stand out?

i have done a bit of reading on the forum, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

i am thinking of getting some proscar from my local GP, is that enough by itself? will i shred?

i am possibly looking at combining it with Minoxidil. how does your hair look when using minoxidil? apperance is an important part of my day to day work and i cant have my hair looking really bad (like it would as if it were wet). would i be able to put hair product in my hair after applying minoxidil? does it smell? is it vital to use it 2x a day, or would 1x a day be ok?

also, what norwood level am i? (im not sure if it's called that - am totally new to this kind of stuff sorry!
)
sorry for all the questions, but i am egar to start rectifying my situation (better late than never!), responses would be appreciated, thanks!

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most ppl here would kill for that hairline. Alos, most ppl in RL wouldn't even consider that balding. You won't get your high school hairline back no matter what treatment u use, imo, but propecia will thicken things up in the upper temples and hairline, minoxidil will also do that.

SarcasticHorse

Reaction score
Dude we have virtually the same hair. When I started Propecia last July, mine looked about the same as yours does now. Since then it has receeded slightly more, but I think its finally come to a screeching halt and is staying about where it is. I haven't gotten much regrowth persay, but its seems to be working in the sense that its not getting any worse.

Never hurt to try finasteride

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude...does not look bad at all. Rather I think that slight receding gives a good mature look. And now since you have detected it and and working on it you can maintain it. Good time to start. Good Luck

ReceedingHairGuy

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback guys, i have sent an email to Dr Lee from minoxidil.com to ask about the minoxidil 1x a day compared to 2x a day, will let you know his response if interesred.

how long would hair shred for when using the proscar & minoxidil combo compared to using just proscar, i am worried about the shredding, how bad would i shred? will it make my hair look worse for "x" amount of time? are there any pics anywhere that show the shredding phase? (sorry again for the questions, but i guess this is the best place to ask, im sus on asking so called "experts" because i think they are always trying to sell something and wont tell me the truth!)

i am hoping to maintain my hairline, whilst making the hair on my hairline thicker, allowing me to cover up my receeding better. i am hoping to go from a norwood 2 (i think that's what i am at the moment) to a non noticable receeding hair line, is this possible?

i am hoping for results like this:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/pgantonio.htm

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard of something called Zix which is supposed to be like revivogen and hopefully the topical serum so apply to your head? Also am looking for some good websites to get on to but good regime products from at a decent price? Have just got some kirkland minoxidil and now am looking for other products to build up a good regime? Cheers guys.... :lol:

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man, ur hair looks fine right now. id love to have hair like that. dont stress too much bout it.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
my hairline is about the same as yours maybe abit thinner, lol looking to get my early highschool hair days back...looking to maintain it also, nizoral really stopped my shedding so its a must

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
damn dude i'm 20 and my hairline is probably farther back than that, you're good to go man!