Receding on big three, 3 years span. (PICS)

NesHair

Banned
Reaction score
21yo. I´v been shedding lots hairline hairs this last month, idk why, if its seasonal or what (autum started where im from), but its getting serious. Maybee finasteride its not working for me anymore ? i hate this man.
Gonna see the derm this week.
What do you think guys ? am i fkd ?
All of my grandparents had high hairlines, deep nw2 in their youth and when they were old nw3 or more. But they all had thick healthy hair even in their late 30´s/40´s. My father had a full nw0 even at his 40´s, i think that my mothers side genetics are the faulty ones.

3 YEARS AGO
2012-11-28 18.15.28.jpg

2012-12-12 14.15.42.jpg

1 week ago
2015-03-26 23.26.01.jpg2015-03-26 23.25.10.jpg2015-04-07 11.47.41.jpgjust now

If i keep losing hair at this rate my hair will be done in a short time.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with mom and dad genetics. If you're only shedding like 20hairs or so showering and what not, it's probably seasonal. If you're really worried finasteride isn't working since you've been on for 3 years, think of dutasteride.

Your hair does look pretty thick so I'd just continue on the same route and save up in case you'd like to fix your recession around like 23-25.

NesHair

Banned
Reaction score
Just lost 85 hairs while messing with my head. lmao, i hope its seasonal and maybee related that i increased my minoxidil dose, from once to twice a day. If not, i have some bad news for myself.
Hair from the sides falls too, so thats what give me a little of hope that its a general shedd.
Tomorrow im calling the derm for an appointment..

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
Just lost 85 hairs while messing with my head. lmao, i hope its seasonal and maybee related that i increased my minoxidil dose, from once to twice a day. If not, i have some bad news for myself.
Hair from the sides falls too, so thats what give me a little of hope that its a general shedd.
Tomorrow im calling the derm for an appointment..

Get on finasteride. I was losing around 30-40 hairs everytime I combed my hair pre-finasteride. Now I don't lose ANY. It literally blows my mind how effective finasteride is. Showers these days, I lose no hair most of the time, and every once in a while I'll lose 1 or 2 when vigorously shampooing.

NesHair

Banned
Reaction score
Get on finasteride. I was losing around 30-40 hairs everytime I combed my hair pre-finasteride. Now I don't lose ANY. It literally blows my mind how effective finasteride is. Showers these days, I lose no hair most of the time, and every once in a while I'll lose 1 or 2 when vigorously shampooing.

I have been on finasteride for 3 years now, the first 1.5 years were awesome, any recession at all, then slowly receded and now im losing hairs like hell. Allready have in mind a hair transplant at 30yo, hope to achieve that age with decent hair.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks the same lol

this, the guy says if it continues at this rate he will be bald soon, then puts up pics showing in THREE YEARS his hair hasn't changed at all. lol. Makes me think about all the people who post finasteride/dutasteride isn't supposedly working for them but don't prove it with pics

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Makes me think about all the people who post finasteride/dutasteride isn't supposedly working for them but don't prove it with pics

This happens all the time. OP's that make claims about how tragic their hair loss is should get very little credibility until they prove it with pics. I am under the impression that many of the guys that make these types of posts without proof either have BDD or are trolls.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Try adding topical antiandrogen solutions to your regimen

Maybe spirinolactone or flutamide

It does look like you have continued to recede though. 3 years ago you had more density in the temple parts but no more skin is visible

NesHair

Banned
Reaction score
Try adding topical antiandrogen solutions to your regimen

Maybe spirinolactone or flutamide

It does look like you have continued to recede though. 3 years ago you had more density in the temple parts but no more skin is visible

Will try to get those, idk if i can find them with ease in Argentina ;S

Just got an appointment with the derm for the 15th of may, will update after talking with him. Im gonna ask a prescription for 0,5mg dutasteride and will pop one pill per week, and finasteride the other 6 days. Im also gona ask him for a blood test.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Will try to get those, idk if i can find them with ease in Argentina ;S

Just got an appointment with the derm for the 15th of may, will update after talking with him. Im gonna ask a prescription for 0,5mg dutasteride and will pop one pill per week, and finasteride the other 6 days. Im also gona ask him for a blood test.

finasteride did not work for me so I moved on to dutasteride and that did not stop my hairloss either, I dont know of anyone who has failed with finasteride but succeeded with dutasteride. Arent drugs available at pharmacies in Argentina over the counter or maybe by bribing the doctors or pharmacists to give you what you want?

Check out my thread btw http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...g-my-story-as-a-16-17-year-old-on-dutasteride

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this guy trolling? His hair is glorious. It is better then mine when I was 16 before hair loss!