Receding Hairline.

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so bad news. My hair started to thinning a lot, I started to see scalp on the temple.
I stopped all DHT inhibitors because I don't want to mess with hormones.
Will go to the GP this week hopefully they will transfer me to a dermatologist to get the diagnosis.

Not sure what to do now. What options do I have ? Will post updated pics soon.

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't expect it to worsen so rapidly. Should've done it earlier, but, maybe, believed in some magic. Heh. Harsh reality isn't it.

Last edited:
T

tellersquill

Everyone is different.

I started losing hair at 21 and I'm now 30 and not even a full NW3 yet.

I'm hoping to not reach NW4 until my forties.

Some people lose hair faster than others. I know one guy who lost all his hair on two years!

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just afraid that Mino will have opposite effect. Would be much worse if it will shred unhealthy hair without growing them back.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Youre overthinking it. What opposite effect will minoxidil give you? What to diagnose here if you got male pattern baldness with NW2.5/3 status? You will go to the dermatologist and he will say that your scalp is ok then he will prescribe you vitamin complex and biotin if you dont want "mess up" with hormones.

Take the pill or go bald.

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably I am. As I said, shredded hair without new ones.
Yeah, could be. But I think, better to get the diagnosis from a dermatologist rather than guessing it. Could be something else isn't it?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. male pattern baldness.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Harsh reality indeed.

You're bargaining with yourself because acceptance is hard. Go see a derm if that's what will help you come to terms with it.

It's almost never something else; it's almost always male pattern hair loss. The options are limited. The sooner you start the better.

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The photos. Thinking about buzz cut or short cut overall. Short on sides like 1 and some hair on top. Still can't believe it, sh*t. Started minoxil x2 per day. Considering transplantation. You thought fellas ?
(Getting towards NW3 I suppose, eh?)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 377
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 376
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 364
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
T

tellersquill

Yep you are about a nw3.

Buy some toppik and it will look okay. Hopefully that will carry you through until your hair responds to treatments

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep you are about a nw3.

Buy some toppik and it will look okay. Hopefully that will carry you through until your hair responds to treatments

Will see how will respond for it, hoping for the best.
If no results in 4-6 months will consider the transplantation more closely.

shookwun

Reaction score
heading towards a NW4

Forelock starting to separate.'

Aggressive hair loss, I dont think many surgeon will operate on you unless you are willing to take finasteride.

I suppose the turkish surgeons will. They will operate on anyone

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably best to wait and hope one of the many potential treatments in the pipeline will be effective

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't get a transplant if you are still losing hair for obvious reasons.
The thing is that it's unknown for how long it will continue and what final pattern it will be. Uncertainty is the worst.

heading towards a NW4

Forelock starting to separate.'

Aggressive hair loss, I dont think many surgeon will operate on you unless you are willing to take finasteride.

I suppose the turkish surgeons will. They will operate on anyone
So in 1 year from 2.5 Norwood (or Norwood 2) heading towards NW4 ? Not the best ending of the year.. Could minoxidil be the reason ? that I'm on it for a few weeks and I'm having a massive shredd all this time. The sink is full of hair about 100+ and it happens every time I apply it.

Probably best to wait and hope one of the many potential treatments in the pipeline will be effective

You mean in a distant and not so future?

wolf1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fellas, what you think, after what time I will be able to get a transplant if I won't respond to minoxidil ?

shookwun

Reaction score
Minioxidil wont stop you from balding.

Need finasteride.