Receding hairline or not?

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm back aha, bad news i'm afraid, my hair is still very thick and fine all round apart from my side temples there is slight thinning and very very small bald patch! surely it will only get worse?

I'm thinking about Propecia 3 times a week 1 MG.

My question is how long for will I be able to maintain my hair if take it?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm back aha, bad news i'm afraid, my hair is still very thick and fine all round apart from my side temples there is slight thinning and very very small bald patch! surely it will only get worse?

I'm thinking about Propecia 3 times a week 1 MG.

My question is how long for will I be able to maintain my hair if take it?

Nobody can answer that question for you. Why just 3x a week?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

Basically is my hair receding? I cant remember if my side temple's were always this receded since I've had long hair all my life so they were always covered.

My hair is super thick, no hair loss at all.

History of my mum's side, all men have had their hair (her dad) and all her 7 brothers. My dad's side all of the men (8 of them) them have hair apart from one who's the oldest that's almost bald. My dad has a full set of hair and he's 50 (no grey hair).

My hair in the photos is wet, taken after a shower so you guy's can see better, also the short hair sticking out the front was accidentally cut of earlier due to barber making a mistake that's why it's short.
oh and i'm 24.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

bump

The left looks suspicious to me, to be honest. Just a little bit though.

Reaction score
could you upload current pics?

Note that it has been 2 and a half years since I took the photos in the beginning, I'm now 25 and a half years where as I was 23 when I first posted this.

As you can see it is slow turning in to a V shape. & I can see a lot of ministrisation, shorter hair at the side temples where the recession is.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 182
  • FullSizeRendersss.jpg
    FullSizeRendersss.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
Perhaps I missed it, but have you experienced side effects before? If not, you may not get any. It's always a risk yes, but many don't get particularly bad side effects.

I've never experience side effects from any presciption drug before really, ( of course I mean the extreme cases, everyone gets minor ones to a degree). For examle I've taken Accutane before and that drug has been warned by many people for its horrible side effects, I've never experience those.

Same story for Propecia, there are many horror stories from it, but to be honest the only thing that put me off it was ED ( erictyle dysfunction)

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never experience side effects from any presciption drug before really, ( of course I mean the extreme cases, everyone gets minor ones to a degree). For examle I've taken Accutane before and that drug has been warned by many people for its horrible side effects, I've never experience those.

Same story for Propecia, there are many horror stories from it, but to be honest the only thing that put me off it was ED ( erictyle dysfunction)

I have ED, but, I do take a lot of other medication which has ED listed as a side effect. Antidepressants, Valium and painkillers... So my solution.. v**** lol. Not exactly an ideal situation but not sure what else I can do really.

Reaction score
I have ED, but, I do take a lot of other medication which has ED listed as a side effect. Antidepressants, Valium and painkillers... So my solution.. v**** lol. Not exactly an ideal situation but not sure what else I can do really.
haha oh dear you're not really making it feel that good about taking it! So without v**** you're telling me there is no way you can get an erection? that's crazy.

But yeah I guess i'll never know untill I try it, ill start off with 3 times a week and see how I get on.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha oh dear you're not really making it feel that good about taking it! So without v**** you're telling me there is no way you can get an erection? that's crazy.

But yeah I guess i'll never know untill I try it, ill start off with 3 times a week and see how I get on.

Sorry! Had to be honest, however, keep in mind antidepressants are a major cause of ED and I've been taking them longer than finasteride/dutasteride and Valium can cause a loss of interest in sex. It's up to you of course! Point is, I'm on quite a few things that can cause ED and/or a loss of interest in sex so I could never say for sure to what extent finasteride/dutasteride is having an effect.

Reaction score
great hair OP ! so you are about to start propecia ?
Thank you.

Yes,I'm going to start in the next coming weeks, not sure yet but I will post on here every 3 months to keep you guys updated.

My reason for taking it is simple, from what I've read and researched it's best to take it as EARLY as possible, Now I don't know if my hairline will stay like this, I mean it could since I have no history of baldness but I'm not risking anymore recession. Like everyone else, I love my hair too much lol.