Receding Hairline Or Mature Hairline?

HairlineObsessive

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you guys can give me your opinions on the topic of my hairline. I am 28 years old and up until recently I've never worried about going bald because I've always been practically hairless on my body and unable to grow a beard so I figured I wasn't exactly full to the brim with testosterone, and therefore presumably lower in DHT.

However recently I've been getting tighter haircuts and this prompted me to pay closer attention to my hairline. The recession at my temples struck me as rather alarming and has recently caused me all sorts of anxiety. However, my family have tried to convince me my hairline has always been like this and after looking at some old photos on Facebook, I'm now uncertain what to think.

I've attached one photo of my hairline from about 10 years ago (2009)...two from 4 and 5 years ago (2013 and 2014)...and then three photos from today (2018).

After reviewing the photos what do you guys think? It's clear to me that I have always had a rather high hairline. None of this happened overnight. But it also looks kinda scary when I pull my hair back and look at the temples. Do you think I'm going bald or will just have a higher hairline than the average person?

Attachments

• 2009.png
    2009.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 2,628
  • 2013.png
    2013.png
    455.9 KB · Views: 2,486
  • 2014.png
    2014.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 2,319
  • 2018 - Side.jpg
    2018 - Side.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,566
  • 2018 - Top.jpg
    2018 - Top.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 14,970
  • 2018.jpg
    2018.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 3,100
Last edited:
Reactions: Aki

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% receding sorry mate clear NW2
btw i have exact same hairline.
and i'm way younger than you ,so i think this is not so bad for your age but if you want to stop it you may jump on finasteride don't make mistake with minoxidil.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it's been like this for 10 years? Does that not mean anything?
y think that's not aggressive maybe down to the road eventually you will hit Norwood 3 or 4 but this day are so far from now,even if you don't get any treatment so it's your your decision. for now you can try to keep on eye 6 moths if you start to receding agressive you may jump on finasteride. ;)

Last edited:

HairlineObsessive

My Regimen
Reaction score
y think that's not aggressive maybe down to the road eventually you will hit Norwood 3 or 4 but this day are so far from now,even if you don't get any treatment so it's your your decision. for now you can try to keep on eye 6 moths if you start to receding agressive you may jump on finasteride. ;)

I have zero thinning on the crown and top of my head. Sides are totally fine too. It's literally just the temples, which are very high, but don't seem to have changed much in the last 10 years? I wouldn't really mind being a Norwood 3 in like 10 years time or something. I would be fine with that.

I'm just wondering what the odds are it gets aggressive and I'm on a sudden rapid descent into NW4 or worse...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have a receding hairline which look decent for a 28 yo male .
try propecia+ minoxidil .
you seem to have acne too at 28 , so that could indicate an higher activity of DHT receptor .

HairlineObsessive

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have a receding hairline which look decent for a 28 yo male .
try propecia+ minoxidil .
you seem to have acne too at 28 , so that could indicate an higher activity of DHT receptor .

Considering I had a similar hairline when I was 18, and no thinning anywhere other than the temples, would it be reasonable to think it won't recede much farther in the next 10 years? Or is it just as likely I could go full NW4-5?

I know finasteride and minoxidil are a life sentence, so I'd prefer to avoid it while I can =/

HairlineObsessive

My Regimen
Reaction score
just need to treat that acne mate.

My acne seems to come and go with stress. I heard Finasteride could help with acne actually. Is that true?

IMO - get on finasteride to prevent further loss (just in case). Get a minor transplant at the front since it bothers you. I did the same and now sport a full head. Either way the hairline itself doesn't look bad at your age. Your hair overall is in good shape and looks free of serious balding. Your forehead is not massive and nicely shaped. It's a true Norwood 2.5 since that centre is where the mature hairline would be placed in surgery and like I said, it's okay.

Here I was thinking 28 was still young for this stuff. The front doesn't really bother me, because it's only noticeable when I lift up my hairline which naturally I would never do. I'm not really at a point financially to consider a transplant anyway. Everything seems to be happening really slowly anyway, so maybe I can review the subject in a few years time? I just wanted some advice on how quickly these things can turn aggressive after being so slow for so long...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure you are lucky to only have frontal loss !
@Wolf Pack ; you had similar recession at 25 ? and now with the transplant you are back to Norwood 1 territory ?

HairlineObsessive

My Regimen
Reaction score
definitely recession but seems to be quite slow, you were already balding imo in the 2009 pic

I guess that's my point. I deliberately picked that photo because it looks like that. I've got 100's of photos were you couldn't tell at all. Hell if I take a natural photo now, you couldn't tell. So my question is should I be worried I'm balding or because I've been basically the same for 10 years, should I not worry?