Receding hairline, need some advice

ardana444

Reaction score
I'm 24 now. It's only recently that i realised that i have a receding hairline. Before i thought it was kind of weird i couldn't do the hairstyles anymore i used to be able to do. So i looked on the internet and realised i have a receding hairline.

I'm not experiencing balding anywhere else. My brother who is about 6 years older has the exact same hairline as me. So i suspect we inherited it from one of our godfathers...Even though my dad, my grandfather, my mother etc all have full heads of hair.
I was wondering if putting minoxidil on the areas which have receded would do anything? I'm hesitant to try it seeing as i've read that other people have experienced even more hairloss by doing so.
My hairstyle in the last pic is how i do it mostly. I just comb it to the right with some pomade/hair cream, so the receding areas don't show. What do you guys think of this hairstyle?
What else can i try to regain the lost areas?

IMG_20120623_150357.jpg
IMG_20120623_150446.jpg
IMG_20120623_150513.jpg
IMG_20120623_151222.jpg

palgato

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here but have some time in a Spanish forum. I think you have genetic alopecia. The most probable is that your hairline will continue backwards, but its progression is uncertain. Don't apply minoxidil by yourself, you may have to wait some years to do that. Go to the dermatologist's for a correct diagnostic, because minoxidil is not temporarily, is for life if you don't want to lose even more of the hair that you could have gained.

The only way to regain hair in that area is certainly minoxidil, finasteride doesn't make growing hair on the hairline, but could be helpful to maintain it (but this medicine has some side effects).

bye

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP. your hair looks good. Can I ask what hairstyle it is that you can no longer achieve? Looking at your third picture, I would never think you have hairloss. The rest of your hair seems thick (unlike mine), and the style you have certainly doesn't draw attention to you trying to cover any recession :)

Follicle Fuel

Reaction score
Our company, Follicle Fuel, a herbal formula developed by one of the top herbalist in the US, is looking for subjects to test our product for three months.

Spike43

Reaction score
You basically have the same hairline that I have and always had. Im now 43 and it is about the same as it was in my early 20s. Im sure I have lost a hair or two in the last 20 years but nothing noticable. It may stop where it is at and not progress for years to come, but maybe not. Keep an eye on it and keep your imagination in check.

Abercrombie

Reaction score
you guys have the same thing going on as I had a couple of years ago, and it will not stop that much I can tell you. But I
ve been able to keep it in shack for like 4 or 5 years now and it looks even better now than it did when I was 21 (like you are right now eroberts122).

So basically, get on meds and try to halt the loss for as long as possible until you reach the age where you can get a hairtransplant if u wanna. I'm thinking that when I hit 30 i'll get a hair transplant, and until that i'm just popping my pill, applying my min and get on with life, not much u can do!

best of luck

thedoubter

Reaction score
Get on finasteride asap.

I have almost the same hairline, just a little bit better off. I started finasteride this year and I'm 2 months in. I tried all the herbal supps - didn't work for me.

I'm 23 and I've experienced no side effects. Crack on!