recboi's story (my receeding story)

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm curently 30 years old, started hairline recession at about 16 years of age. started rogaine at about 19. had hair transplants beginning around 20, had a bunch of procedures, but it was the horrible old technique, so starting about 4 years ago I had 3 graft excision procedures, so it looks more natural, but it still looks like I have a massively receeding hairline. doesn't help that I was born with a large forehead, now that the hair on the side of my head is being lost, the entire thing will look very unnatural as I'll look like a giant forehead, seriously about 160 degrees of my head's width is forehead. this isn't good. i apply 12.5% minoxidil nightly, though I stopped doing it for a while. i sometimes apply 5% in the morning. have been on propecia for about 2 years now, have no bald spot, but I'm not getting any temple growth like others have reported, and the sides haven't improved at all. is there anything else I can do? I ordered some copper peptide stuff, and the lasermax SE comb thing. i'm also trying to get my transplant dr to do another procedure to make the hairline look fuller and possibly to fill in the temples and sides, but i highly doubt he'll agree to do that, despite those being the most important areas for me.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great. More bad news, the worst possible news. I contacted my dr regarding another procedure to fill in my temples and make the hairline look more natural, and he tells me that I have used up all my donor supply, because some schmuck totally botched hair transplants and I went somewhere else to fix it, and they wasted a lot of hair that obviously didn't take, and then I had 3 sets of graft excisions, and that's apparently all I can have done for the rest of my life unless the cloning thing works, or if they can use hair from my legs or whatever. REally bad news I didn't want to hear. I'm wondering why he won't try FUE on me, seems like that would be less noticeable. Just gotta pray the propecia prevents the rest (the vast majority of my head), from falling out, that with minoxidil. The worst part, is that the transplanted area is maybe one inch far back into my head and then the width of my head. so basically all of my donor supply was used on one inch of replacement. that and the huge scar on the back, and then the punch holes. I'm honestly thinking about what happens when I get cancer or something and I lose my hair from .chemo. the bumps in the front from where the huge plugs were, some of the ridging was removed by my current doctor. He's good. I wish, I wish I had a time machine, and I would have had my work done with him. I was just a stupid 20 year old when I went to the Butcher of Rockville, MD. I still believe transplants were the right decision, as I would be so ugly with such a massive head as it was before losing hair. I would have looked like an alien. At least it's not too noticeable now, though quite thin. ALL of my supply used up on one inch..

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry man. HAve faith in propecia, its good stuff. Things will get better, cloning isnt TOO far away...

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks man. been on propecia for 1 year 9 months.... god i hope that cloning works or they can use leg hair or something....

Justlooking said:
Sorry man. HAve faith in propecia, its good stuff. Things will get better, cloning isnt TOO far away...

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have those been proven to work? How do they extract the hair from your body, takiing out individual hairs or do they remove a patch of skin? I tried to ask my doctor if I was ruined for life and he said he wont do another procedure based upon my file, but he was willing to look at me if I come up to NY to his office.. I guess there I could ask him if that's a realistic possibility or not.

askas said:
And what about transplants from body hair?why not?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How would the remove the hair/follicles, removing a strip of skin??? I have tons of leg hair.. Wow, I guess I wish I had backhair, if I did, I would love for that to be used on my head!

askas said:
I guess it depends on how much bodyhair you have,and what kind of.Of course,consult with him about that.
I saw photos and read stories about this kind of transplantation on this site,and I think its ok.For me its much more realistic than cloning,because where is guarantee they will clone something better than your bodyhair?and the price of cloning?vs bodyhair?