Reasons to drink green tea.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've read that Red bull is the equivalent of four cups of coffee...Hate the smell of that stuff on peoples' breath.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
The caffeine content of tea depends on the fermentation and brewing time, among other things, but in general, the order of caffeine content is white tea < green tea < black tea < coffee.

Black tea has 20-110 mg caffeine per 5 oz (or 1,5 dl).

I've written quite a bit about green tea (and black tea) on my blog. Some reasons to drink green tea:

Green tea, black tea and dental health

Reducing AGEs with green tea

Black tea, green tea and superoxide dismutase (SOD)

Topical green tea and hair growth

Black tea, green tea, oolong tea and insulin sensitivity

10 cups of green tea per day and not smoking might increase your lifespan by 12 years

Black pepper increases bioavailability of green tea catechin EGCg

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

CCS said:
40% GTE is very cheap. I take it before, during, and after my workouts. metabolism causes free radicals, and working out is a lot of metabolism at once. drink up.

There is some evidence suggesting that quenching free radicals produced by exercise will negate the beneficial effects of exercise.

For more info, see this post: Coenzyme Q10 & oxidative stress from exercise

Quote from the post:

The time of ingestion is important because coenzyme Q10 also functions as an antioxidant, whereas exercise increases oxidative stress. The free radicals generated by exercise are neutralized by an antioxidant response from the body. Regular exercise thus enhances the antioxidant defense system and protects the body from free radical damage.

The relationship between exercise and antioxidant supplements is not entirely clear, but it has been suggested that ingesting antioxidants right before or after exercise negates some of the beneficial effects of exercise. Put simply, the theory is that when the body gets the antioxidants through supplementation, the body's own response to oxidative stress is negatively affected. This may be part of the reason why some studies show positive effects from CoQ10 and others don't.

G

Without reading 13 pages of this threat, in a nutshell does Green Tea accelerate DHT production on the scalp or reduce it? Or is this not known for sure?

IBM

Reaction score
I'm driking green tea 4 glasses/twice a week. Got some noticeable hair results.

G

IBM said:
I'm driking green tea 4 glasses/twice a week. Got some noticeable hair results.

Which brand of green tea do you drink and are you saying you only drink a total of 8 glasses per week?

How do you know the green tea helps with your hair growth? Perhaps it may be another thing?

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe it is the temperature of the liquid thats the factor...

A regular habit of eating and drinking very hot foods and drinks could increase your risk of developing cancer of the oesophagus

Oliver Childs,
Cancer Research UK

Obsidian

Reaction score
Cassin you jerkoff, I started drinking green tea last week because I didn't want to go to the store to get my favorite brand of coffee (Ruta Maya) and now I am addicted to this stuff. :hairy:

Cassin

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Cassin you jerkoff, I started drinking green tea last week because I didn't want to go to the store to get my favorite brand of coffee (Ruta Maya) and now I am addicted to this stuff. :hairy:

its good stuff eh buddy?

:)

Cassin

Reaction score
The Trouble with Green Tea

By RealAge
Did you know that most of the free-radical fighters in green tea never make it to your bloodstream? But there's a solution.
To get a better grasp on the healthy catechins in your green tea, flavor your cup with a squeeze of citrus juice.

Green Tea Booster
Catechins -- the antioxidants in green tea famous for lowering your risk of chronic disease -- quickly lose their power in your intestine. In fact, as much as 80% of the catechins in green tea are never absorbed. The solution to boosting absorption, researchers recently found, is as simple as flavoring your tea with freshly squeezed and strained lemon, orange, lime, or grapefruit juice.

Taking Tea with C
The vitamin C in citrus may help with absorption by increasing the acidity in your small intestine. Other unidentified substances in the juice probably lend a hand, too. Researchers found a 50-50 mix had the greatest catechin-preserving effect, and lemon did it best, closely followed by orange, lime, and, in last place, grapefruit.

It's Not All Bad News
If you do take steps to boost the power of your green tea, you may even get a few added benefits.

It may help you lose weight. At least one study shows green tea can stimulate moderate weight loss.
It may help keep your knees young and strong -- catechins fight inflammation and arthritis.
It can help your skin look great if used in conjunction with an antioxidant cream. Dab it on.
It can help you stay sharp -- try 2 cups a day to see benefits.
RealAge Benefit: Getting the right amount of antioxidants through diet or supplements can make your RealAge 6 years younger.

http://health.yahoo.com/featured/27/the ... green-tea/

andysutils

Reaction score
Ive no idea from the improvement side as I dont drink a lot of green tea everyday because it makes me feel loads better, I drink it because I simply love the stuff.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you still drink the green tea?

I have decided that I am going to try and slow my hairloss down by taking on free radicals. It seems that I am the last to know as well. I did a search on this forum for 'Free radicals' went to the last page and everyone was discussing them back in 2003.

henrywronger

Reaction score
There are many reasons to drink green tea. It is reduce risk of cancer. It is best to lose weight. It is best to reduce problem of heart disease.