really?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.ba-hairapparent.com/gallery.html

is this for real?I mean...in reality they look like in the picture? if they did is amazing...you don't need an hair transplant...is better than that...
how much time could you stay with a wig on head without drop it from your head...2 weeks? can you have a shower with that? or...can it be so steady there like someone who's putting a hand on your head without moving it?

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
http://www.ba-hairapparent.com/gallery.html

is this for real?I mean...in reality they look like in the picture? if they did is amazing...you don't need an hair transplant...is better than that...
how much time could you stay with a wig on head without drop it from your head...2 weeks? can you have a shower with that? or...can it be so steady there like someone who's putting a hand on your head without moving it?

Yes it is for real and they can and often do look like it is your real hair!
I personally would never have surgery,mainly due to cost and the fear that for me it might not work and you also don't get the density that you would like either!
You can keep it on for 2 weeks easily,you might need to tweak the hairline now and then though.
You can also shower with it on,and swim and take part in sporting activities etc..and no it won't move if someone puts their hand on your head also.
Problem is that wigs,toupees,systems whatever you want to call them still have a stigma attached to them which is totally unjustified with todays pieces.
What you do get is instant hair and although it may not be for everyone it is a viable option and BA is one of the most reputable out there with very good prices!
Pop along to his forum and read what other wearers say and also the advice etc is invaluable if you want to go that route?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience that, yes, they do look that real!

Having gone to two of the conventions(free conventions I might add) in my area over the years, and seeing the transformations is just amazing.

I don't wear yet because I can still do a decent job with concealers and I am used to that, but I know where I am going when I do decide to go that route.
BA is a top-notch guy and honest as they come.
In fact, when I went to the most recent convention in Chicago(I went not knowing whether I was going to "take the plunge" this time or not), and after showing BA pics of my head before I put the concealers on(which I had on at the convention), BA actually told me NOT to do it, as I was getting good results with the concealers right now. Now, what guy selling hairpieces would do that?!
I say, find when a convention is happening in your area and go to it. Obviously, there is no pressure to go through with anything if you decide against it. Like I said, I have been to TWO conventions already, and still haven't done it.
But that doesn't change what I have seen at these conventions; bald or balding guys sitting down and 10/15 minutes later having a full, realistic looking head of hair.

Yes, they do look that real. I have seen it.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i still have hair...norwood 2 with diffuse thinnig...at 23...i started proscar...but can wait the results...i just want to have hair...no matter how...and i was thinking is better to wear it now...when people notice that i have hair...is really bad when people know that you're bald and suddenly you have hair...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but how could you practice sport swim without falling down? you are applying something like a super glue or what?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
but how could you practice sport swim without falling down? you are applying something like a super glue or what?

Like I said, I don't wear yet, but from what I have learned from them(at the conventions and on their discussion forum), it is possible to swim without it coming off. If just depends on what adhesive works for you. As I understand it, glues and tapes work differently on people depending on your skin(scalp) type(oily, dry, etc.)

Why don't you get on the forum over there. There is a wealth of information and helpful people. Or just Email BA and he will "get it sorted" as he says. :)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/