Really Really need help

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very very sad and scared...

1. Started Min about 3 months ago. Started shedding arnd the 10th day ans had a bad shed ( 100+ hairs ) for the next 35-40 days. Then it stopped and I was very excited because people say there comes lot of thickness after a shed. Till now nothing at all.

2. To make things worse...now I am going through a second shed so quickly. I dont see any thickening forget regrowth and more shed.

3. This is very important. Except for the first few days I did not have any water retention due to minoxidil. However now my face looks fatter. I am wondering can water retention starte after being 3 months on minoxidil. Frankly I am not sure if the face is really fat or I am just seeing things. Mostly not. Is there a way to kmow whether its water retention ?

Please. Answers will be really helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks

shizzle69

Reaction score
Hmm… from what I understand experiencing the shedding phase after using Rogaine means your hair cycle is being speed up. If it’s taking so long for you regrow new hair it could be that your is in the Telogen phase and it might take longer according to “ http://www.follicle.com/hair-structure-life-cycle.html “. Perhaps you should consult your dermatologist I would be really interested in what he had to say.

indyfan

Reaction score
stop counting your damn hairs, man just apply the rogaine and chill, people in this forum need to learn to relax, look yourself in the mirror and accept it, dont count hairs or worry about it, do what you can and relax, I dont think stress helps at all, you'll lose control of your social life and your mental stability

stress just makes you feel worse

Ive accepted it, Im doing all I can

I dont know about the face thing, now thats scary, yea, call the rogain hotline for that one

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My derm knows sh*t. She really knows nothing about hair loss. I think its the same with all the derms. and frankly..can we blame them. Hairloss is such a fuckin mystery...

I have been losing hair since I was 17-18. This september I will be 27. My hairloss has been really slow. Now with minoxidil it seems to have accelerated. Hence I am thinking if Min is a good option at all. I will put up some comparison pics soon.

Any inputs on the sides ? As I said I did not have any water retention till a few days back ....after almost 3 months. I am not yet sure whether it is water retention. Is it possible to suddenly have this side effect or I am just seeing things....What are the symptoms? I think my face is getting bigger....

Inputs ??

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my brief 2 month experience with minoxidil, it seems that I should have watched my salt intake very closely. I was doing pretty good as long as I kept up daily aerobic exercise like running, stairclimbing, etc. All the sweating helped to reduce water retention it seems. Then one week of no exercise was when the water retention started. I still can't understand how topically applied 2mL per day of minoxidil caused water retention though. Exercise and alot of sweating might help to reduce it. :D

It is great not to have the water logged feeling now but I do have all this new body hair and itchy skin :hairy: My blood pressure seems to have went up slightly after quitting minoxidil also. I hope it gets back to normal in the near future. :?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep it up man, I've had good success with minoxidil, but I noticed a month in that I was having results.

As for the water retention, it could be from any number of things. Increased sodium intake for one. It's possible that you're just stressing out and seeing things.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I dont know man. I am hardly seeing any results. If nuthin else, atleast I shud get the hair that I shed after getting on Min back....and now after 3 months I am shedding again :(

You are right about the water retention thing though....I am just being paranoid...I think

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well....one day you are combing and when you are done you see that the whole sink looks black instead of white ( I have dark black hair )...you automatically start counting them

CCS

Reaction score
I just rubbed my hair really good with my hand. No hairs fell out. This is different from earlier this summer, when at least 15 would fall out.

My advice is to combine other stuff with the minoxidil.

sorry I know nothing about sheds. I never counted hairs when I did lose them. I just look to see how far I can see into my hair.

G

i run my hands through the front and top of my head vigorously(no need to rub the sides and back since those aren't male pattern baldness) and when my hair is dry i struggle to get more than one hair on my hands. wet i can get 5 or 10 but that's the same for everything.