really needing some advice guys

liggin22

Reaction score
Well... been using Propecia for a year and dr lees minoxidil for 6 mo. using nizoral for a year twice a week. Guys my flakes are unbelieveable from the minoxidil. I was told eventually they would go away and they really haven't. What can I do??? Please offer some suggestions to those who have experienced this. Also could you possibly go through exactly how you apply your minoxidil everyday? Maybe i am not doing it the best way. Please respond. thanks.

SkipTracer

Reaction score
Bll3r said:
Stress is VERY bad for male pattern baldness. I offer a nice Male-to-Male massage to work out your kinks. PM me.

Lordy... that's REALLY desperate. Why can't you just take out a fricken ad in the local paper?

sadhairloss

Reaction score
bro.. i had huge problems with flakes.. it took Folligen and Tricomin a while to get rid of them.. I bet that will fix your scalp well.. gget started

Aplunk1

Reaction score
sadhairloss said:
bro.. i had huge problems with flakes.. it took Folligen and Tricomin a while to get rid of them.. I bet that will fix your scalp well.. gget started

Yeah, these help with the itching--

but the only sure fire way to reduce the flakes with me was rigorous shampooing with T/Gel .5 Coal Tar shampoo-- and less minoxidil, of course.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

I have had bad flakes and just increased my nizoral use to every other day and let the nizoral work its magic for a few minutes before washing it out. Once thing settled down I went back t using nizoral every 3-4 days. Make sure to give your head a good shampooing everyday and make sure the shampoo gets to the scalp to wash out any dried up minoxidil.
I always recommend that you try to do all you can to eliminate the problem using your current regiment and avoid adding anything unless other solutions do not work. Do you really want to add in a folligen and have another thing that you have to apply everyday? Perhaps using the folligen only during outbreaks of flakes would work but isn't that the point of using nizoral? How many anti dandruff product can one use before it becomes overkill. So I would up your nizoral use and reevaluate after a few weeks. Just my opinion.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
Perhaps using the folligen only during outbreaks of flakes would work but isn't that the point of using nizoral?

I was getting flakes pretty bad until I cut BACK on the nizoral (now using it around 1.5x a week).

I think... just a guess... the nizoral is meant to treat REAL dandruff. That is, the gunky, fungus stuff. Dry flakes aren't dandruff. They're dry flakes. I think the nizoral actually cuts back on sebum production, drying your scalp out, CAUSING more dry flakes.

Or I could be completely wrong...

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
nizoral is now causing dandruff, come on....that is a joke.

I didn't say nizoral caused dandruff. I said it may dry out the scalp, since I THINK it reduces sebum production.

Dry flakes, such as from minoxidil overuse, are NOT dandruff. They're dry flakes.

True dandruff - the stuff nizoral treats - is gunky yellow crap from too much sebum, methinks.

EDIT: after poking around the web, I guess even dry flakes are considered "dandruff." I stand/sit corrected.