Really Need Your Help 2 Month On Duta Lossing Hair Like Crazy

cedrickiller

Reaction score
Hello I need your help. I lose my hair for quite a few years at a rather regular rhythm

I am under duta for 2 months my hair loss has really accelerated a lot
What should I do to continue or stop?

If people have the same admeasure please I need your help

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's normal for hair medications to cause what seems to be accelerated hair loss due to hair that's being ejected out to be replaced with stronger/thicker ones. A hair that's been damaged by DHT doesn't repair in the middle of the anagen phase, so in theory with hair medications it puts those hairs in the telogen phase, causing them to fall out.

You're still early in the process. Stick with it, take pictures every 3 months. Don't count or pay attention to hairs falling out. Most people will say stick with it for at least a year to judge if it's working. Good luck.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi, im in the same situation. i started dutas 5 weeks ago ( with initial loading dose), the frontal is thinning terrible.

we must stick with the treatment and value after 4 /6 months

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
why are people taking dutasteride for hair loss in the 1st place ? as far as i know its been tested and approved in korea only. maybe japan too but nowhere else

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
consider Telogen Effluvium as well. You're DRASTICALLY f*****g with your hormones. Telogen Effluvium is to be expected. hopefully it will resolve and you will get some solid gains.

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because some of us don't respond to Finasteride.

ok. However it seems that according to a clinical trial non-responders have not all benefited either. According to the same study around a quarter did not benefit at all while the others did so on a variant scale with more than 2/3 of those responding positively by a slight degree and the rest moderately and just 1 responding conspicuously...

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok. However it seems that according to a clinical trial non-responders have not all benefited either. According to the same study around a quarter did not benefit at all while the others did so on a variant scale with more than 2/3 of those responding positively by a slight degree and the rest moderately and just 1 responding conspicuously...

so these results facing the high odds of the side effects should alone be enough for me to ask why people take it especially some people take it for hair loss at the same dose of treating bph which is more than equivalent or potent than the 5 mg finasteride.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dutas is a lot more powerfull than 1mg finas , much better in terms of regrothw, it also works much better in the frontal area ( the most aestetic) than finasteride.
side effects go from 2% finasteride to 7% dutas. it's a totally safe drug

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutas is a lot more powerfull than 1mg finas , much better in terms of regrothw, it also works much better in the frontal area ( the most aestetic) than finasteride.
side effects go from 2% finasteride to 7% dutas. it's a totally safe drug

you are exposing yourself to higher chances of serious side effects. what good is a full head of hair past the point of attraction from the other gender. you cant function well in bed let alone that these drugs adverse effects are not confined to the sexual aspect. other effects are even worse like depression and mental acuity decrease so even if youd like to stay single there is a pretty high chance youd not be able to keep your job because of say depression ? decreasef mental acuity ? its being taken at the same dose as that of bph treatment and which is more potent than finasteride 5 mg . until it is approved by the fda and the dutasteride leaflet clearly states it treats baldness i dont understand why people might take it.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tokoe Going to dislike my post in another thread because i disliked yours? haha, salty

Last edited:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are exposing yourself to higher chances of serious side effects. what good is a full head of hair past the point of attraction from the other gender. you cant function well in bed let alone that these drugs adverse effects are not confined to the sexual aspect. other effects are even worse like depression and mental acuity decrease so even if youd like to stay single there is a pretty high chance youd not be able to keep your job because of say depression ? decreasef mental acuity ? its being taken at the same dose as that of bph treatment and which is more potent than finasteride 5 mg . until it is approved by the fda and the dutasteride leaflet clearly states it treats baldness i dont understand why people might take it.
Dude I read your regimen and you're taking 2.5mg finasteride. I hope you realize that is not the FDA approved dosage, nor highly studied dosage for hair loss, so you are doing the exact same thing.

Dutasteride .5mg went through phase 3 studies in Japan, and was approved for hair loss, so technically there is more information on dutasteride .5mg daily for hair loss than finasteride 2.5mg for hair loss.

Last edited:

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I read your regimen and you're taking 2.5mg finasteride. I hope you realize that is not the FDA approved dosage, nor highly studied dosage for hair loss, so you are doing the exact same thing.

Dutasteride .5mg went through phase 3 studies in Japan, and was approved for hair loss, so technically there is more information on dutasteride .5mg daily for hair loss than finasteride 2.5mg for hair loss.

yeah i know it went through phase 3 studies. that is the issue. according to the studies done so far .5 mg dutasteride is more powerful at inhibiting dht formation than 5mg finasteride. the side effects are higher with this dosage of dutasteride than 5mg finasteride. also it stays in the body more so if you are prone to the side effects you are likely to suffer from them for a longer time than finasteride even after quitting. if dutasteride will be approved for treating baldness it will be approved at maybe 5th of the current dosage. also the only place where it being used korea did a trial and showed that dutasteride is slightly better in non-responders to finasteride except for 1 person who responded markedly out of 24 persons who completed the study. so if your hanging on to the chance of being that lucky i dont think its reasonable. 2.5 mg finasteride is still less intense on your body than .5 mg dutasteride side effects wise.

even if were taking 2.5 mg finasteride its still safer than taking .5 mg dutasteride. i want to update my regimen to 1mg but couldnt know how.

how are people basing their dutasteride dosage intake ? on the studies ? it should be on the leaflet because its a statement/guidance that guarantees the effects and the safety which is what the doctor bases his prescription on.

until we see the leaflet stating that this drug is a baldness treatment at x dose i dont know why people would want to risk taking it.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i know it went through phase 3 studies. that is the issue. according to the studies done so far .5 mg dutasteride is more powerful at inhibiting dht formation than 5mg finasteride. the side effects are higher with this dosage of dutasteride than 5mg finasteride. also it stays in the body more so if you are prone to the side effects you are likely to suffer from them for a longer time than finasteride even after quitting. if dutasteride will be approved for treating baldness it will be approved at maybe 5th of the current dosage. also the only place where it being used korea did a trial and showed that dutasteride is slightly better in non-responders to finasteride except for 1 person who responded markedly out of 24 persons who completed the study. so if your hanging on to the chance of being that lucky i dont think its reasonable. 2.5 mg finasteride is still less intense on your body than .5 mg dutasteride side effects wise.

even if were taking 2.5 mg finasteride its still safer than taking .5 mg dutasteride. i want to update my regimen to 1mg but couldnt know how.

how are people basing their dutasteride dosage intake ? on the studies ? it should be on the leaflet because its a statement/guidance that guarantees the effects and the safety which is what the doctor bases his prescription on.

until we see the leaflet stating that this drug is a baldness treatment at x dose i dont know why people would want to risk taking it.
What do you mean by leaflet? It is approved for hair loss at a .5mg daily dosage in Japan and Korea. I forget the company that manufactures it and did the phase 3 study, but they create it specifically for hair loss now. It is not an off label treatment there, but off label is still much cheaper.

And it will never get approved in the USA, because no company will do phase 3 trials in the USA, as it won't be profitable. There is no reason to get on a drug that has slightly more side effects if finasteride is effective for you, and it works for 90% of people. So finasteride will still get prescribed for a majority of patients. But there are still those who don't respond to finasteride, who may benefit on dutasteride. Also, dutasteride generics are already available for prostate issues. Therefore, no one is going to buy the brand-name dutasteride for hair loss when they can just buy the generic version used for prostate issues, off label for hair loss, at a waaaay cheaper price.

Also people should never use dutasteride as their first line of treatment. Finasteride 1mg does have way more studies for hair loss, and is proven effective for most people. If finasteride fails after 1 year you could consider dutasteride as a last resort to keep your hair. If you don't experience side effects on finasteride you're far less likely to experience them on dutasteride. Therefore, it is smart to take finasteride first (with the much lower half-life), so if you do experience side effects you can stop, and it will be out of your system faster. Obviously dutasteride has more risks with the long half-life and potency, but you have to weigh the pros and cons here. Everyone knows there is risks involved with these drugs, and each person has to determine the risk the want to take. I was on finasteride for 2.5 years without success. I now take .5mg dutasteride EOD because I feel that every day is too big of a risk for me. If it fails I won't up my dosage, but will have to accept the hair loss.

Last edited:

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by leaflet? It is approved for hair loss at a .5mg daily dosage in Japan and Korea. I forget the company that manufactures it and did the phase 3 study, but they create it specifically for hair loss now. It is not an off label treatment there, but off label is still much cheaper.

And it will never get approved in the USA, because no company will do phase 3 trials in the USA, as it won't be profitable. There is no reason to get on a drug that has slightly more side effects if finasteride is effective for you, and it works for 90% of people. So finasteride will still get prescribed for a majority of patients. But there are still those who don't respond to finasteride, who may benefit on dutasteride. Also, dutasteride generics are already available for prostate issues. Therefore, no one is going to buy the brand-name dutasteride for hair loss when they can just buy the generic version used for prostate issues, off label for hair loss, at a waaaay cheaper price.

Also people should never use dutasteride as their first line of treatment. Finasteride 1mg does have way more studies for hair loss, and is proven effective for most people. If finasteride fails after 1 year you could consider dutasteride as a last resort to keep your hair. If you don't experience side effects on finasteride you're far less likely to experience them on dutasteride. Therefore, it is smart to take finasteride first (with the much lower half-life), so if you do experience side effects you can stop, and it will be out of your system faster. Obviously dutasteride has more risks with the long half-life and potency, but you have to weigh the pros and cons here. Everyone knows there is risks involved with these drugs, and each person has to determine the risk the want to take. I was on finasteride for 2.5 years without success. I now take .5mg dutasteride EOD because I feel that every day is too big of a risk for me. If it fails I won't up my dosage, but will have to accept the hair loss.

ok. i need to see the leaflet of the drug saying that this drug is to be taken at this or that dosage. can you or anyone produce one ? i know it has been approved by the korean and japanese fda but i want to see the drugs leaflet. maybe someone living there in korea or japan can be of assistance and share a leaflet of the drug showing the dosage for baldness. having undergone studies at such or such dose doesnt mean its ok to take it at those doses. i wont take a drug without a leaflet guiding me how the drug should be administered in terms dosage regardless of studies done and cant see why anyone should.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok. i need to see the leaflet of the drug saying that this drug is to be taken at this or that dosage. can you or anyone produce one ? i know it has been approved by the korean and japanese fda but i want to see the drugs leaflet. maybe someone living there in korea or japan can be of assistance and share a leaflet of the drug showing the dosage for baldness. having undergone studies at such or such dose doesnt mean its ok to take it at those doses. i wont take a drug without a leaflet guiding me how the drug should be administered in terms dosage regardless of studies done and cant see why anyone should.
Good luck finding that. It is going to be in Japanese.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tokoe I disliked your post in this thread because you kept nagging about "i dont understand why people might take it." whilst both Arnold and Lacy explained it perfectly to you. Respect that people can be well informed and make their own decisions.

After that you instantly disliked my comment in an old thread (in revenge i suppose?), i quote "What kind of sides bud?". Asking someone seeking for help to clarify what side effects he was experiencing, bud being short for buddy. Can you explain the logic behind that?

Then i just returned the favor every time you randomly disliked one of my older posts and now you try to turn it around lol. I hope you are trolling me.

Last edited:

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
@shulk well yeah i disliked your posts randomly because you disliked mine without offering any explanation. you could dislike all my posts but at least say why especially im being reasonable imo to refrain from taking a medication that has no formal guidance as to how to be taken for baldness on the leaflet.

yeah im just kidding when i dislike your posts... id appreciate you explain why you dislike mine. you dont have to but in order to avoid dislikes with no reason yourself... lol