Really need some help regarding the nocebo effect (25M)

ariel12160

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

So for years I've hesitated to take finasteride due to my fear of the mental and sexual side effects, but I've made a decision lately that the depression I will get when my hairloss progresses is going to be a nightmare as well (I'm around NW2.5 right now).

The thing is, I'm a really anxious and hypochondriac person, and I also have OCD, so knowing about the sides just can't make me take it.

2 weeks ago, I tried to experiment, and I took a bottle with 5 capsules that I filled with sugar, and one of them had inside the sugar a propecia pill. I told myself that it would test my mind with only 20% risk of taking the real pill, and as I thought, a couple of days after I took the pill, which I didn't know if it was finasteride or not, I began to obsess over my mental health and erections and even suffered a temporary ED till I checked and realized I didn't even take the finasteride pill.

I don't know what to do, if I could somehow prevent the nocebo effect, I'm more than willing to take the risk because I even have friends that take it, and they're doing fine, and I know there's a really small chance I'll get any side effects that most likely will be reversible.

But I also know (and this little experiment proved me) that I could easily give myself nocebo and freak out, and I'm afraid that if I try again, I can put myself into a loop that will crush my (already non-stable) mental health.

I know you're tired of all the people being pussy about taking the pill, but as I described, it's not my case because if my mind wasn't that obsessive, I would have taken it years ago.

Obviously, "just take it and forget about it" is not relevant in my case. Do any of you have an idea on how I could take it without getting the nocebo effect?

Or, considering all the facts, is it better for my mental health to still get bald or maybe get a hair system and not put myself into all this stuff?

Thanks for any advice.

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can't control the nocebo then you are better off going the natural route. Natural being natural ways of causing very potent cellular and genetic pathways changes with things like microneedling, LLLT, detumescence, supplements, hypoxia treatments, etc.

I remember a poster showing nocebo is as potent as real side effects on finasteride.

I remember I could bring on strong symptoms just by thinking of it when I was on finasteride.

Do some real research, and find a treatment. There's a wide range, and they all treat different levels of the same things.

Be open-minded. Then again you're a NW2.5, your mind already is open. :D

Good luck.