Really need some feedback here. I'm officially a werewolf from oral minoxidil. Also is my crown thinning?

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
I drink Kirkland min' and the results are crap tbh (just thickening, no real regrowth), i'm curious, do you take pills or liquid form Minoxidil? And what brand, Thanks for sharing and have continued success!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair Emptiness, I'd be willing to bet over 90% of the forum members would rather have his hair than what they currently have. Regardless of how it currently looks, a haircut twice a month at a quality barber is more than reasonable in exchange for a NW0.

Grim, I'd suggest getting a haircut and then buying a high rated brand of clippers on Amazon and following the haircut pattern the barber set which would save a lot of money in the long run. I had absolutely no experience cutting hair prior to the pandemic, but after a few tries, I now prefer cutting my hair over spending $25 at my barbershop. Since I have some minor recession at the temples, I usually give myself a low, skin fade to give the visual effect of more hair at the sides, which makes my temple recession unnoticeable. For you, you wouldn't even need an elaborate haircut as the density and filling is beyond ideal; the only thing that would require practice is framing your hairline to better suit your face as the current overgrowth is, as you stated, resembling that of a werewolf.
I too cut my own hair and I always have since I was 20. The key to me is to never cut too much hair during any hair cutting session. Be firm about this or people might end up cutting too much hair off, trying to "even" things out or whatever because it is easy to become obsessive about getting everything perfect.

My other tip is that a baseball cap works much better than a bowl and you just clip below the cap on the sides and back where your vision is obstructed and this helps greatly to get everything even. On top, I recommend letting it grow long in the front if a person has enough hair to do so. Otherwise, hair will almost always look better for adult males when cut short.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I drink Kirkland min' and the results are crap tbh (just thickening, no real regrowth), i'm curious, do you take pills or liquid form Minoxidil? And what brand, Thanks for sharing and have continued success!
Thickening is very much akin to regrowth because the same number of follicles can now cover much more scalp. Increasing anagen is similar. Don't focus too much on hair counts but more so on coverage because adult male hair virtually never improves and regrowth tends to be marginal in general for adult males.

Also, it appears to me that oral minoxidil works for the entire scalp of hair unlike topical unless people use lots of topical all over the scalp, even non-balding areas.

So people should notice two things: 1) an improvement in hair robustness and perhaps growth rate right from day one. 2) Then after six to nine months, a person can look for regrowth and that's been pretty much my pattern but oral minoxidil probably works better for people who are chemically female. Look at the tiny dosages given to female hair loss patients. The standard dose/protocol for females is .25 mg of Loniten plus 25 mg of spironolactone. I highly doubt that such low doses would do much for people chemically XY or for people with extensive hair loss which is quite rare for females. Most guys on here would be thrilled to have PCOS hair since it mostly looks like a really wide part more so than being bald but again, thinning is probably more noticeable on females since we don't expect it.

Don't sweat hypertrichosis. This is real but for most people, the extra hair is a mere annoyance and nothing like "werewolf hair" and it can be easily plucked. Also, hypertrichosis will indicate that oral min is at least doing something during the first six to nine months which can be hard to wait out.

Last edited:

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take oral minoxidil in tablet form. I get it from goodstuffstore. I used to get it from alldaychemist but its much more expensive there.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can u be a bit specific. It would help cuz I'm also on OM and i also have hypertrichosis like u
I don't count but its very insignificant. I only see a couple hairs in the shower. If i pull at my hair I may get a couple strands after a few tries.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thickening is very much akin to regrowth because the same number of follicles can now cover much more scalp. Increasing anagen is similar. Don't focus too much on hair counts but more so on coverage because adult male hair virtually never improves and regrowth tends to be marginal in general for adult males.

Also, it appears to me that oral minoxidil works for the entire scalp of hair unlike topical unless people use lots of topical all over the scalp, even non-balding areas.

So people should notice two things: 1) an improvement in hair robustness and perhaps growth rate right from day one. 2) Then after six to nine months, a person can look for regrowth and that's been pretty much my pattern but oral minoxidil probably works better for people who are chemically female. Look at the tiny dosages given to female hair loss patients. The standard dose/protocol for females is .25 mg of Loniten plus 25 mg of spironolactone. I highly doubt that such low doses would do much for people chemically XY or for people with extensive hair loss which is quite rare for females. Most guys on here would be thrilled to have PCOS hair since it mostly looks like a really wide part more so than being bald but again, thinning is probably more noticeable on females since we don't expect it.

Don't sweat hypertrichosis. This is real but for most people, the extra hair is a mere annoyance and nothing like "werewolf hair" and it can be easily plucked. Also, hypertrichosis will indicate that oral min is at least doing something during the first six to nine months which can be hard to wait out.
Jesus talk about nothing to worry about. Janey or anyone, is drinking minoxidil from Kirklands safe? Is that what people are doing? With the other ingredients? Or? And sorry to be asking old questions but what are the main health detriments or risks with it? My hair on the crown has decent follicle coverage but literally almost no growth rate and very thin and brittle. I really need some boost.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus talk about nothing to worry about. Janey or anyone, is drinking minoxidil from Kirklands safe? Is that what people are doing? With the other ingredients? Or? And sorry to be asking old questions but what are the main health detriments or risks with it? My hair on the crown has decent follicle coverage but literally almost no growth rate and very thin and brittle. I really need some boost.
Drinking minoxidl might be an issue for people with allergies to food preservatives. Otherwise, the active ingredient is the same. It is probably true that when drinking minoxidil, a bit more is wasted than Loniten in the gut but that can be dealt with by titration. I know that it sounds strange but drinking/drizzling a med into the gut ceteris paribus is the same as swallowing a pill and processed by the liver. Nyquil is like that and many other drugs are. There can be huge differences however between using something sublingually and having it processed by the liver.

Oral min seems to work great for beards which is a bug for me, lol, but probably not most guys. My body hair has only changed minimally as most of it was removed or just stopped growing from HRT. I see a lot of regrowth in my temples so I keep postponing my ETA hair-wise.

Janey

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, so are people taking pills getting scripts? I’d imagine it’s tricky talking to a dr about something off label- I tried to get a prescription for retin a and was denied.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, so are people taking pills getting scripts? I’d imagine it’s tricky talking to a dr about something off label- I tried to get a prescription for retin a and was denied.
I order my oral minoxidil online.

kckcjl94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I order my oral minoxidil online.
do you take the 10mg all at once? i take 5mg twice a day, wonder which is better. some of the studies ive seen seem like splitting the dosage might get some extra hairs but who knows.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pics of the haircut. I think you should buzz it so you can see your true hairline. I don't think you had much hairloss if any to begin with. Now your just growing hair that doesn't even look natural lol

DoggyD

My Regimen
Reaction score
did it slow down your hair loss and did you experience any side effects?

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi