Really itchy scalp - minoxidil?

macquas2

Reaction score
I started on minoxidil about 2 weeks ago. I hate the way it makes my hair look :evil:
My scalp is really itchy a lot of the time, im using nizoral which should help. Ive noticed a lot of flaky skin in my hair since starting, is this normal.?

thanks

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
A slight itch and a little dandruff the first few weeks of using minoxidil sounds common and should stop.

BHD

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on it for nearly four months now, can't say I ever really experinced side effects. All though I did once get some in my eye that bloody hurt. Its defainlty slowed down my loss, I think I've had a bit of regrowth at the front but its still all pretty short at the mo.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been on minoxidil 2% and nizoral 1% for over a month now and it still irritates, flakes, and itches my scalp like a b**ch.

i asked this same question before and a lot of veteran posters told me that it took them up to 4 months to adjust to the minoxidil.

2 weeks... perfectly normal.. and i was given this advice by a veteran poster... even when it itches badly, don't scratch it and in a while it will go away.

williteverend

Reaction score
if you are using minoxidil and nizoral, use nizoral every third day. I use minoxidil and i was usuing nizoral like everyday and it was making my head itch and flake like a can of parmesan. Believe it or not. cut down the nizoral, you might be over medicating your scalp.