real quick, how much MSM is everyone on?

G

Stryker, outside, now, just you and me buddy.

'There is nothing more I enjoy than an online punch up'

Ty

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, find a bottle of L-Lysine and read what it is used for. I'll save you the time and I quote "Nutritional Information Lysine, an important amino acid, is a necessary building block for all protein. Protein helps keep our bodies fit. Different proteins help regulate calcium absorption; aid in the production of antibodies, hormones, and enzymes; and help in collagen and tissue renewal. And Right on the front of the bottle in a nice little neat caption it says "GOOD FOR BONES & JOINTS." They do the same thing, it's like arguing over which OTC medicine relieves your headache, which I am not getting from this post, all that matters is that your headache is gone and it happened quickly.

And tynanW your like the little kid than wants to prove their parents wrong but never does. You posts are worthless, and to be honest about 2 sentences into your post I wanted to gouge my eyes out from the worthlessness of your post. The only thing you should be giving anyone advice on is which fast food joint has the best food because I am sure you will be working at them for many years to come. And yes that was being rude, you need to keep reading up on hair loss because none of it seems to be sinking in.
:laugh:

G

Cal Que Later,

I have re-read this whole thread and decided that you are completely right and I am completely wrong.

So in conclusion...

MSM and L-Lysine (which is a vitamin) do the same thing.

anyone thinking of using L-Lysine as a secretagogue, can also use MSM after all they are the same.

anyone deficiant in MSM or those with osteoarthritis issues just use L-Lysine, it's cheaper after all they are the same.

and all those vegetarians who's intake of L-Lysine is diet restricted don't worry about supplimenting with L-Lysine or MSM or whatever just stick any old nutrient down your neck, they are all the same.

...."And tynanW your like the little kid than wants to prove their parents wrong but never does."....

I did eventually prove my parents wrong, they were both shamed into withdrawing their papers on endocrinology.

Ty

Scott

Reaction score
DING DING...... and the winner by knock out........ TY!!!

congratulations TY now that you have won the hair loss post brawl... what are you going to do? ?

G

Scott

I don't know what to say, I have never won anything before, I would like to thank everyone who has supported me, my agent, my manager, the vitamin 'Lysine' all the nutrients, my mother, the vast knowledge of God, vitamin MSM and all my [..tears rolling down my face..] 'family' at HairLossTalk.com.

I am already planning my next argument, I am working with some of the balding communities best script writers.

Ty

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
lol that argument just cracked me up.. cheer up guys lol.

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
Cal Que Later,

I have re-read this whole thread and decided that you are completely right and I am completely wrong.

So in conclusion...

MSM and L-Lysine (which is a vitamin) do the same thing.

anyone thinking of using L-Lysine as a secretagogue, can also use MSM after all they are the same.

anyone deficiant in MSM or those with osteoarthritis issues just use L-Lysine, it's cheaper after all they are the same.

and all those vegetarians who's intake of L-Lysine is diet restricted don't worry about supplimenting with L-Lysine or MSM or whatever just stick any old nutrient down your neck, they are all the same.

...."And tynanW your like the little kid than wants to prove their parents wrong but never does."....

I did eventually prove my parents wrong, they were both shamed into withdrawing their papers on endocrinology.

Ty

Wow your really are that ignorant that by taking what I said that much out of context you think you are right. Na sh*t if you are deficaiant in one of the areas MSM covers there is no doubt you should take it over L-Lysine. What you seem to have forgotten though is that we were talking about the positive effects that MSM and L-Lysine have on your hair, but can't seem to remember that so let this post act as a reminder. When it comes to hair loss MSM and L-Lysine act in similar ways and I really hope you will grasp that simple bit of information sometime in your life. :icon_smile_lachuh:

G

Cal Que Later said:
Wow your really are that ignorant that by taking what I said that much out of context you think you are right. Na sh*t if you are deficaiant in one of the areas MSM covers there is no doubt you should take it over L-Lysine. What you seem to have forgotten though is that we were talking about the positive effects that MSM and L-Lysine have on your hair, but can't seem to remember that so let this post act as a reminder. When it comes to hair loss MSM and L-Lysine act in similar ways and I really hope you will grasp that simple bit of information sometime in your life. :icon_smile_lachuh:

Oh i cant believe your still trying to compare Lysine to MSM you muppet!

:stupid: :baaa: :lol:

G

no they don't, you silly boy.

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
:uglylol: You're so crazy, in that foolish kind of way. :stupid:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Stinger122.... is that YOUR picture in the avatar? You have a David Schwimmer hairline, what the hell you doin' here bud?

G

You're so crazy, in that foolish kind of way

You are an idiot, who finds it difficult to accept when your wrong.

But I won't hold that against you.

Ty

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL you really are in your own little world there. The only thing I was wrong about was thinking I was talking to an informed, lucid person. And boy was I ever wrong about that.

G

Cal Que Later said:
LOL you really are in your own little world there. The only thing I was wrong about was thinking I was talking to an informed, lucid person. And boy was I ever wrong about that.

No, No, it isn't as complicated as all that, you thought that MSM and Lysine have the same biological effect with regard to hair health/growth, you were wrong, you thought Lysine was a vitamin, this is also untrue, although not particularly important, there is no need to be embarrassed by this, we all make mistakes.

The only important thing is that visitors to these forums should not be confused or misinformed about the many nutrients recommended for good hair health.

Ty

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
No, No, it isn't as complicated as all that, you thought that MSM and Lysine have the same biological effect with regard to hair health/growth, you were wrong, you thought Lysine was a vitamin, this is also untrue, although not particularly important, there is no need to be embarrassed by this, we all make mistakes.

Ty

You have no legitimate scientific proof comparing them to each other, nor do you have and proof that either of them even help at all. Everyone, including myself, are going off information they have found on a website, and don't even bother posting links to some lame research saying MSM is great for hair loss because I could find just as many saying the same for L-Lysine. The fact of the matter is MSM and L-Lysine both supply your body with the nutrients it needs to produce healthier hair, hence they act in similar ways.

You're just nit picking at pathetic little details like me using the generalized term of vitamin instead of saying amino acid. That?s like someone saying I need an adhesive strip bandage instead of saying I need a Band-Aid. It's sad that you take such great pride in correcting the fact that I said vitamin instead of amino acid like it was a monumental error. I suggest you stop trying to start an arguement over issues that don't exist, it's boring and has become tiresome.

G

The fact of the matter is MSM and L-Lysine both supply your body with the nutrients it needs to produce healthier hair, hence they act in similar ways.

Because two compounds contribute to a common end result does not mean they act in a similar way, both Vitamin E, Octyl methooxyciiamate, Lactic acid and L-Arginine all contribute to skin health, because of this should I infer that they act in a similar way? If I do I would be wrong. MSM is a sulfur containing molecule with anti-inflammatory properties, prehaps helpful in scalp/folicle health?, L-Lysine is an essential amino acid important for protein synthesis, tissue repair and so on.

That?s like someone saying I need an adhesive strip bandage instead of saying I need a Band-Aid

This is not a valid analogy, calling a Band-Aid an 'adhesive strip bandage' would be accurate, calling Lysine a vitamin would not be accurate. You have made a simple error, as I have said in my earlier post this is not really that important, you really don't need to justify or defend this.

Ty

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
First off if it was not such a big deal calling a L-Lysine a generalized term of vitamin instead of amino acid then why are you being so petty to bring it up? Your whole arguement is trivial and irrelevant unless your claiming that MSM is actually causing regrowth. The reason people are taking MSM is that they believe it supplies the body with nutrients that cause existing hair to grow at an increased rate and fuller. They are different suppliments but people are taking them for the same reason. Please try and not be such a trifling poster in the future nit picking over insignificant details is a waste of your time and mine.

And Zimmy go stroke your wookie and mind yourself. :toma:

G

Yeah..oh dear, im soooo sorry. I better listen to all the experts and dump MSM and take Lysine instead, because all the evidence is totally and unequivocally conclusive.