Ready To Take My Life Back. Need Some Hairline + Crown Regrowth.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss has turned me into a monster and my life became such a nightmare that I have been considering spending the last of my savings on a trip to Tijuana and killing myself with horse anesthetic. But I have decided to try derma rolling + liquid minoxidil, and keep my options open for a transplant a year or so down the road.

I'm currently NW3 with monstrous diffuse thinning. Even the quality of the hair I have left is stringy and straw-like, indicating some kind of nutritional deficiency on top of the male pattern baldness. I took finasteride for a year with no results, back in 2015. The loss progressed at the same slow pace before, during, and after the finasteride.

I'm new to this regiment and I'm just hoping to get some basic advice, for example what size dermaroller, and where to get one? I was leaning toward 1.5mm. The main thing that's confused me during my research is the contradictory information of whether the minoxidil should be applied immediately or should one wait 12 hours.

Thanks.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are best getting both a pen and a roller imo, get an electric pen(dr.pen ultima a6) use it every week between 1.5mm and 2.5mm. Buy a 1.5mm roller and use it very lightly just before applying minoxidil. When wounding every week i just slap the minoxidil on afterwards, it's up to you whether you want to wait 24 hours before applying it or not.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are best getting both a pen and a roller imo, get an electric pen(dr.pen ultima a6) use it every week between 1.5mm and 2.5mm. Buy a 1.5mm roller and use it very lightly just before applying minoxidil. When wounding every week i just slap the minoxidil on afterwards, it's up to you whether you want to wait 24 hours before applying it or not.

Okay thanks, I'll give it a try. Do you use the roller every day? And how often do you have to change it out?

I think I'll go with liquid minoxidil despite the mess. It seems to have higher efficacy

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on minoxidil foam. It regrew hair for me after finasteride didn't. Try it for 4 months and see where you stand. It might be all you needed, and then you're not locked into dermarolling your scalp or using the messy liquid. What's another 4 months if you want to kill yourself anyway?

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, look for a good SMP (take a credit if needed), go the gym (could even use Testosterone, cause f*** it), grow a hot beard with minoxidil (it works much better on beards) and then f*** some girls. It is the much better way than horse anesthetic.

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride did nothing to my hairloss so i switched to dutasteride. Best decision i ever made.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 mm would be sufficient if your skin is average thick and sensitive. Use it once week and do not draw too much blood ,your skin has to be reddened which is called erythma. Don't use minoxidil after needling for 24 hours. Use disinfectant everytime before use. Best luck man.