Ready To Quit.

bombscience

Reaction score
LactoseFactory said:
I assume you apply minoxidil only to the areas that were already thinning. Thus it seems like the areas you apply minoxidil thin faster, but these areas would have thinned quickly anyways.

Give it time.

True, but I feel like I'm picking a scab or something, just making the situation worse and worse.

Cassin

Reaction score
bombscience said:
LactoseFactory said:
I assume you apply minoxidil only to the areas that were already thinning. Thus it seems like the areas you apply minoxidil thin faster, but these areas would have thinned quickly anyways.

Give it time.

True, but I feel like I'm picking a scab or something, just making the situation worse and worse.

explain that Bomb...........Scab?

Reaction score
The alternative, quitting minoxidil, is a lot less desirable.

I know how you feel in this case. I can see it working on my forehead and temples [where the minoxidil will incidentally spread] but nowhere else :(

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
That makes no sense. None.

Artificial hair? minoxidil makes your own hair grow. Otherwise it would not come out looking the same as your regular hair. If you call it artificial hair because it's only there since you treated it, then drop finasteride, and your thoughts of an hair transplant.

propecia systematically fight dht, hair transplants create permanent(most of the time) hair, minoxidil grows on contact...that's about as simple as i can make the logic. dont argue with it, im a pure math major :lol:

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Bomb

Bomb science, what is the current extent of your baldness?, and how old are you? Just curious. Everyone says different things. Some the drugs work for, some it doesnt, Some are here to promote products, some are here only to complain about their bad side effects.

In my opinion, if everyone who was bald didnt take these medications, I bet a real hairloss cure would come out a lot sooner. I truly believe the longer people take these medications, the longer they will bleed the market.
Look on this forum or any other, you will just get the known facts that are out there.. FDA clinical trial data, Pro-Merck advertising, People with negative/positive remarks.. people like me with their own, non backed up opinions. I truly feel, and from analzying things that I do know, people are very unaware of the things that go on behind the stage.. They only see the performance. Big money is being invested in the interests of those with the power.

Heres a simplistic example, that I feel anyone with a half a brain could understand without attacking me. If you had a lot of power and control, and billions of assets, and you produce a drug for a particular condition.. And that drug was found to treat hairloss as well.. Would you, or would you not use your power and resources to put this drug for hairloss on the market, get it approved, market it.. Show how great it is.. and keep it there for as long as you could? And keep in mind, your power is HUGE, and you almost have a monopoly on the industry.. Its not like you are mcdonalds establishing a dollar menu, when someone else like wendy's or burger king could compete and produce the same... Scientists/research and development need huge donations, typically from huge sources of power.. When certain interests are involved.. you saw how fast we beat the russians to the moon.. This post is just another perspective without scientific facts, or evidence.. it is based on a principle of common sense, and understanding things through a conditioning of our culture, history, and experiences. I personally feel that anyone here with an open mind, without any agenda, could understand where im coming from without a hostile attack.