Reading the forum at Top Lace - the hair piece forum.

IBM

Reaction score
uncomfortable man at least you got plenty of chicks, you have a daughter and you had a wife. Things that some guy in this forum will never get.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
IBM said:
uncomfortable man at least you got plenty of chicks, you have a daughter and you had a wife. Things that some guy in this forum will never get.
Yes, I have a beautiful daughter whom I am very grateful for and what might as well be an ex-wife (never married). We are still on good terms though. At least I got to experience that aspect of life, I'll give you that IBM. As far as my looks are concerned, I think if you take the handsomest man in the world and take his hair away his image will be severly comprimized. At the risk of sounding kinda gay, even the most beautiful face without a frame defeats the purpose. If I had a full head of hair I wouldn't be afraid to get out there and start dating again and try to find someone new but I am a bald, unemployed 33 year old who lives with my dad. :$

Failing Follicles

Reaction score
Beemark - interesting analogy about the cars but I think your post would be more valid if you used the phrase "in my opinion" a little more. That is after all what you're offering. Sure lots of hair-wearers will share your opinion but plenty of us don't and for some (all stigma aside), hairpieces don't look good no matter how good their quality is or how modern they are. Many contented hairpiece wearers will now point out that if you get a good unit and do your homework etc then you won't have a problem. But in my opinion and experience this point isn't valid. Often overlooked is the fact that for some of us the natural angle of growth, color, shaft-shape and diameter of our hair just cannot be replicated in a hairpiece and it will always be noticeable, even with genuine untreated virgin European hair or whichever hair type is suitable for an individual's ethnicity. Sure, some pieces can look extremely good for some people (in my opinion michigan's is a great example of this) but for others it just doesn't work and no amount of homework on template, density, color, style, or supplier can remedy this. In my opinion getting results as good as michigan's is as much about the suitability of your own hair (i.e. luck) as it is about the trouble taken to get a good piece. Not trying to upset anyone & if hairpieces work for you then congratulations on finding a good solution to your hairloss. But generalising by saying pieces are undetectable when made and cut properly just isn't true for everyone.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
IBM said:
Yes, I have a beautiful daughter whom I am very grateful for and what might as well be an ex-wife (never married). We are still on good terms though. At least I got to experience that aspect of life, I'll give you that IBM. As far as my looks are concerned, I think if you take the handsomest man in the world and take his hair away his image will be severly comprimized. At the risk of sounding kinda gay, even the most beautiful face without a frame defeats the purpose. If I had a full head of hair I wouldn't be afraid to get out there and start dating again and try to find someone new but I am a bald, unemployed 33 year old who lives with my dad. :$

So get off your *** and get a job.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
:agree:

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's the dudes with the hideous rugs over the years that have ruined it for everyone else.