Reading the forum at Top Lace - the hair piece forum.

G

Seems like a decent forum with some honest people on.

http://toplace.com/

After a bit of reading, I came across a thread describing some the near experiences people have had with their hair-piece flying off in public. I then come across this particular post in this thread, posted by Atlanta Guy - who I’m sure is a good honest chap.

Reading his post, where he gives a few examples of past situations where his piece came close to "abandoning ship" so to speak, I couldn’t help but notice a few flaws in how he handled the situations that came before him.

Basically put - unless he has eyes on top of his head or he is Admiral Ackbars from Star Wars, I can't help but feel he was making things slightly obvious.

It's in the thread 'Hair Piece Coming Off?'

He replied:-
_______

Re: Hasn't happened yet... August 24 2005, 6:25 PM

A high-wind situation would be problemmatic probably only
if you are not on top of things (e.g. not changing the
piece when it needs it)

In 15 years, I don't think I've ever had even a close
moment, but I have "covered up" with my hands just in
case on a few rare occasions.

When it took putting my hands over my hair to keep it
on, I just kinda made it look like I was
really covering my eyes or something

I remember a secretary yelling "what's wrong" one time
when I was going back into the building at work in a fierce
wind with my hands over my head, and I yelled back "this
wind is blowing stuff in my eyes, watch out !"

- AG

____

Mate, Seriously, who is going to buy that one?!

I am the only one who thinks it would have been almost obvious?

Picture the situation - A gush of wind sweeps past everyone.

Everyone is able to survive the strong wind - well, apart from Atlanta Guy who for some reason is in the missionary position on the floor clutching his head.

When asked by the others around him "what on earth are you doing?" he anxiously replies “I’m trying to keep things blowing in my eyesâ€

__

Jesus Christ, Atlanta Guy.

Unless this in some new discovery that we are yet to hear about, I don't think that placing your hands on your head will prevent things entering your eyes.

Don’t get me wrong - he’s a good chap for wearing a piece, and thankfully no one has spotted it.

But for crying out loud! Mate - what next - a new craze sweeping the nation?

When the next hurricane strikes, what are we going to see - everyone frantically running around with their hands on their heads.

When asked by some puzzled bystanders, "What on earth are you doing?"

They reply, "I am trying to keep stuff out of my eyes - isn't it bloody obvious! Sweet jesus' mother!"

The puzzled bystander then replies,"Of course - I don‘t know why I diodn‘t think of that one earlier†before joining in.

This is what scares me about hair pieces.

In situations like Atlanta Guy’s where in a crowd of people in a huge wind - a nightmare - the only viable excuse he could come up with, for having his hands on his head, was that he was trying to keep the stuff out of his eyes.

To me, that is when you know what a dangerous situation this is.

With all due respect to Atlanta Guy, if I said that in front of people, everyone simultaneously fall to the floor with laughter.

I would probably start running around with my knees bending with my hands on my head.

All in all Looking at the Jude Law photos yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to wear a hairpiece because they seem so natural, but it is situations like this that scare The living daylights out of me.

If it did blow off my head and I was in front of people I knew, I would have to emigrate the very next day because I simply would never live it down.

Opinions?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise anyone to wear a wig. It is far better to just be bald. When I do finaly go bald I'm going shave what I have left short and live with it. Wigs are just too embarassing.

G

Same thread. Spat my Cola everywhere.

Check out robs story, then bobs reply:-

Mine came off a few years ago. August 24 2005, 9:53 PM

So now for my story. back when I was about 23, I got in a fight with a friend (yes a friend). All us guys would too a punch at each other from time to time, or at least we used to. This one got kind of crazy. I had a hat on, but in the fight it came off, next thing I know he is tugging on my hp and it came off. However, I quickly put my hat on my head, grabbed the process and stuffed it in my pants... no joke. Got up, went over to one of my 15 friends who were watching the fight and said, I'm taking off... got in the car, went home, came back... he apolagized and we went out and got drunk that night. No one said anything about it (at least to my face) - And honestly, I wonder if anyone actually saw it because 1) we were all pretty drunk, 2) it was real dark, and 3) I was damn quick at grabbing it, hidind it, and then putting my hat on. - my friends are ruthless when it comes to poking fun at each other, so I honestly feel like no one saw... thank god it was dark.

Needless to say, since then, I've been in a fight or two... one I had to outright lose because the kid had kind of detatched one side. I took a few punches while on the ground while covering it up but the cops showed and broke it up before any more damage could be done. I lost that fight (my one and only, to protect my image). I'm still and not shy about grabbing a guy that is disrespecting me or the girl I'm with (I'm not big... maybe 200lb's at 5'10) because honestly it makes me fight harder and I avoide letting people get inside on me (no joke).

Anyway, I think you have to be careful of certain situations... don't let someone pull on it.

____

Briann's reply:-

Re: Mine came off a few years ago. August 25 2005, 5:00 AM

Reading these story's makes me realise that it comes of alot quicker then I thought, is there any glue/tape that you recom to avoid this situation?

____

Vocalistbob's reply to Briann:-

Relax... August 25 2005, 8:45 AM

Briann: Rob's story is an exceptional case. If you stay away from bar fights, you should't have any problems

Petchsky

Reaction score
LOL... I would never wear one of those things. They look quite good on the website photos, but so do bigmacs.

When your a guy you always have some cocksucker out to get you or make you look bad...Just think of how self concious it would make you feel, alot more than now...everytime you get a scuffle, or everytime your with a women....Nah man, f*** that!

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
LOL... I would never wear one of those things. They look quite good on the website photos, but so do bigmacs.

When your a guy you always have some cocksucker out to get you or make you look bad...Just think of how self concious it would make you feel, alot more than now...everytime you get a scuffle, or everytime your with a women....Nah man, f*** that!

you're right on the money about other bastards always looking to exploit a weakness. A wig is just inviting trouble and intense embarassment.

Brain123

Reaction score
I was supriced to see this topic here. Well first off I'm a poster at Toplace.com aswell. I feel your opinions about hairpieces aswell but I have schooled myself on this subject and those people you noted who had their pieces coming off where wearing hairpieces for over 15 years, they where not talking about about current hairpieces. I was also sceptic about hairpieces after seeing great pictures of results so I entered the forums and I honestly didnt notice 1 negative post, everyone had got a very great result with their hairpiece, realistic as hell thanks to the help to Toplace experts that'll give everyone advice so they have the hairpiece will perfectly & very realistic fit. I must say hairpieces from them are on another level then anything that has to do with a wig or whatever because nobody could ever have a clue you wearing hair in a million year if you put ur time into getting everything right.

Let me show u some pictures of toplace wearers:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jadenkrosis
(MB's Toplace hairpiece)

1051620580.jpg

(Coolpiece hairpiece)

Its all about what u make from it, you can run around wearing wigs or you can run around wearing realistic hair, its all up to you actually.

Anyhow I know you fellas hate the thought of a hairpiece but dont judge the solution before you you studied it :eek:).

With kind regards,
Brian.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mmmmphaaa ha ha hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Its all about what u make from it, you can run around wearing wigs or you can run around wearing realistic hair, its all up to you actually.

Hey guys, I´m avoiding realistic stuff from getting into my eyes!!!!

HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA

What are you laghingh abo¨?

About your motherfucking ridiculous hair-piece that I´m just about to make you swallow!!! Are you ready for a bar fight???

No, no, please, no bar fights. I´m wearing some fake eyes that are really really delicate.

bye

Brain123

Reaction score
Solo, the joke is on you and your future breast growth & erection problems Mister-I-Will-Be-Bald-In-5-Years-Anyway :roll:

I rather live a "lie" then live with the possibility of gettting breasts & twisting my hormons around for some hairs.

Ohwell just tried to give you some insight on this option... Its upto you to concider it or make fun of it, try to be a bit more mature in your replies so I can do the same for you :wink:

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but personally I don´t like hair pieces.

It´s not becouse of their quality.

It´s more of a social aspect.

Sorry.

G

Brain123 said:
Solo, the joke is on you and your future breast growth & erection problems Mister-I-Will-Be-Bald-In-5-Years-Anyway :roll:

I rather live a "lie" then live with the possibility of gettting breasts & twisting my hormons around for some hairs.

Ohwell just tried to give you some insight on this option... Its upto you to concider it or make fun of it, try to be a bit more mature in your replies so I can do the same for you :wink:

You are obviously very well-read on the subject Finasteride aren't you?

Brain123

Reaction score
Solo, I agree that its socially not very well respected but talking to dudes who wear pieces that are very realistic they say its very well accepted because their piece is so realistic because they dont take more then they would have if they where not balding, it perfectly follows the line.

Neiltom88, just tried my best schooling myself about all my options including side effects of medication. :yes:

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
regimens

I like reading all the "daily regimen" thingys on here.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
i sometime sthink if there was a way to surgically attach my hat to my head life would be easier

so when the cocksuckers come to try and own me they cant take my hat off then i can bash them

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Guys WTF is with bashing hairpiece wearers?

Enough of this already.

These guys are just opting for another solution to their hair loss. If they're cool with it, respect them.

Yes, most of us think its a horrible alternative. But not everyone does. Completely insulting someone who wears one is totally stupid though. These guys are hair loss sufferers too.

If anything, I am to blame for this ignorance. HairlossTalk has done absolutely nothing in educating people on the hair system as an alternative solution for hair loss. For that I am seriously guilty.

HairLossTalk.com

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think its your fault that alot of the world will scoff at hairpieces.
Wigs can be something that gets people going because of the deceptive advertising that goes on out there.
Always showing perfect looking heads of completely restored hair, withoput drugs or surgery, etc and they dont bother to tell you its a wig until they strap it onto your scalp.
Thats part of what gets these guys going, because they arent fooled by it.
It really can be funny too, though. Some people will wear anything, and when I see it, I LMAO even though, I wear one myself.
But mine looks good, my mom even said so!

It is true that there is a lack of knowledge regarding whats out there now, in the world of hairpeices. I guess the best thing we can do is share our own experiences.

Brain123

Reaction score
MB, it might be a good idea to write an article on Hairpieces and its current evolutions & social acceptence here for the Hairlosstalk.com forums with some pictures and stuff. I think HairLossTalk.com might be open to give it some extra attention at his main website. :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, guys like solo don't understand. Probably has little to no hairloss either which makes him even less understanding of what it is actually like to be bald. Most of the people on these forums aren't completely bald, but for those of us that actually are (myself included) have very limited options. Meds and transplants only really hold promise for anyone under NW4 but beyond that you don't really have a fighting chance. Like assholo said, hair pieces aren't socially acceptable, well niether is being bald. They say it is better to just shave it but have they endured the scorn society holds for bald people, no- but I have. Which is why I understand and respect those who choose to wear a system. It really is the only realistic option for those who refuse to be bald. And as far as blatant deception is concerned, if those assholes will give you sh*t for being bald, then they deserve to be decieved, imo. :innocent:

beemark

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly analogy, but think about it....

The birth of the automobile was at the beginning of the 20th century. At that time, there were very few cars on the road and they all were primitive, slow, dangerous and highly trouble-prone. The vast majority of people scorned them and the popular phrase to yell at a motorist stuck on the road with a broken-down car was "Get a horse!".

The jokes stopped when cars became more reliable and available to more people.

Now think about those awful, ugly hairpieces men have worn for decades. People scorned them too, and for good reason - just like the early cars, they did NOT do a good job at what they were designed for.

Today, high-quality hairpieces do an amazingly good job and when made and cut properly, are completely undetectable.

It is the CONCEPT of a hairpiece that people have a problem with - not the reality. If you tell someone that you're considering wearing hair, they'll roll their eyes, or laugh, or tell you you're crazy or that you'll look foolish. On the other hand, if you show up at work one day wearing a high-quality hair system, 90% of the people who even notice (some won't) will be amazed and fascinated by it. And they may still kid you about it, but their attitudes about hairpieces will never be the same as it was before they saw you.

IBM

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Yeah, guys like solo don't understand. Probably has little to no hairloss either which makes him even less understanding of what it is actually like to be bald. Most of the people on these forums aren't completely bald, but for those of us that actually are (myself included) have very limited options. Meds and transplants only really hold promise for anyone under NW4 but beyond that you don't really have a fighting chance. Like assholo said, hair pieces aren't socially acceptable, well niether is being bald. They say it is better to just shave it but have they endured the scorn society holds for bald people, no- but I have. Which is why I understand and respect those who choose to wear a system. It really is the only realistic option for those who refuse to be bald. And as far as blatant deception is concerned, if those assholes will give you s*** for being bald, then they deserve to be decieved, imo. :innocent:

Hey man. You complain for nothing. If there's something you cant complain is your looks.