Read this... how should i act?

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ppl, have not logged on in a long time. I met with someone from whom our company will be making some purchases from...

it was windy, and the person was wearing a wig and it completely flew off. I mean completely. i felt really bad for him.... we kind of just said thank you and walked off. He is a nice guy but we have to talk to him again in the future, how should we act?

Should we bring it up and laugh it off or just pretend it never happened... i feel terrible for the guy...

BTW, any advancements in hairloss treatments within the past year?? is the reccomended combination still minoxidil+finast?? anything safe and new to try?

please update... thanks.

beaner

Reaction score
If it is a business relationship, it never happened. Simple as that.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
it was kind of shocking to me to be honest. i have seen this parodied in movies and so forth, but never REALLY thought a wig can fly off like that. :freaked:

CCS

Reaction score
not many FDA approved treatments. A higher concentration of tricomin passed FDA phase II trials. There are a lot of treatments being batted around that passed small tests by the people who sell them, or have ingredients that seem effective in pubmed published trials. Many interesting studies support many topicals and point at the right vehicles to use. But nothing as famous as propecia, except avodart, which you probably already know about and is not FDA approved to fight hair loss.

A lot of people on here believe in a mult-angled approach, not just finasteride and min. The easiest thing you can do is add grapeseed extract to your minoxidil, and apple poly capsules too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think that whatever your reaction was at the time that is what has stuck. Did you laugh or snigger as you were walking off? If you managed to not look bothered by it then thats fine. I think its up to the customer to be the one to make a joke of it. At least you can explain to him that you know what its like to suffer hairloss. Did you know it was a rug before it blew off?

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
we're supposed to talk again on monday. this happened friday evening. i do not think i will mention it. i could tell it was a wig when i saw him first. but i've seen lots of people wearing (obvious) wigs. I never expected to see it fly off. that was kind of freaky. i used to be a proponent for wearing nice hairpieces for those that have severe hairloss. now i'm thinking its a bad idea. i guess you never know what kind of situation you may be in. and man, that one time flying off, if that ever happens, is probably more embarassing than just shaving your head or keeping the bald look.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
not many FDA approved treatments. A higher concentration of tricomin passed FDA phase II trials. There are a lot of treatments being batted around that passed small tests by the people who sell them, or have ingredients that seem effective in pubmed published trials. Many interesting studies support many topicals and point at the right vehicles to use. But nothing as famous as propecia, except avodart, which you probably already know about and is not FDA approved to fight hair loss.

A lot of people on here believe in a mult-angled approach, not just finasteride and min. The easiest thing you can do is add grapeseed extract to your minoxidil, and apple poly capsules too.

I think you meant to reply to some other thread. Not this one.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
i think he was replying to my question at the bottom of my o.p.

badasshairday said:
collegechemistrystudent said:

I think you meant to reply to some other thread. Not this one.