Read intercytex's patent application here

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope so Apoc, I've been waiting for this for some time.

Felk

Reaction score
I still think we need to all do something more than hope. Think, for a moment, about what you are currently doing to maintain your hair, except remove the possibilty of HM. Nothing more comes out apart from different versions of minoxidil and spironolactone. and finasteride. Suddenly things get a bit bleak.

However, what exactly it is that we all should do... im not sure yet... but surely something is better than nothing.

powersam

Reaction score
mate you can only do what is available. use the information you have to do the best to keep your hair as long as possible. HM doesnt change this, as we are all trying to keep our hair as long as possible anyway.

as to price, no company is going to price itself out of the market. far better to get a medium sized amount of money out of a shiteload of people rather than a large sized amount out of a few.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i hope hm doesnt cost more than a few thousand.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
The better it will work the more it will cost. The more time it will be on the market and the more widespread it will become the lower the price will be.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
supply vs. demand

companies won't charge the highest price, they'll charge the price that makes the highest profits.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a recent reply I got from Intercytex when I asked about participating:

Dear Mike

No. We will be using the Norwood scale but only to guage the success
ICX-TRC in trials - the only limiting factor is if someone has no hair
at all because the procedure requires a tiny biopsy from which to
culture cells for injection back into the skin.

If we run a trial for ICX-TRC in the US and we require volunteers, we
will post a sign on the website under
http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/clt/

We are involved with the FDA and the other regulatory agencies in the
world. What they are trying to decide at the moment is how cell therapy
products should be regulated and the jury is out at the moment. This
will impact on the nature of the trials we conduct and when the products
get to market.

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards

Katharine Harris
Corporate Communications

Intercytex
St John's Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge
CB4 0WS
United Kingdom

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
What did you ask them?

This is very interesting. I'm a bit surprised that they don't know yet “how cell therapy products should be regulatedâ€￾. I mean: They've already completed Phase I trials and are about to start Phase II. (Didn't they say back in May that they wanted to start Phase II “by the end of the monthâ€￾? Maybe this e-mail explains the delay.)
Let's hope that all goes well and that a product that has been proven to be safe and efficient hits the market as soon as possible.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked them News2 if I had to be at a advanced Norwood Level to be in the trials.