Read a hundred topics but im still unsure about which is better. foam or liquid

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Ive read hundreds of posts and all i can find is conflicting views. i dont understand how the results from rogaine liquid can be so different to that of the foam. if they both contain minoxidil, how can one be better than the other? i can only think that the foam would be difficult to absorb if you have long hair, but if you have short hair it shoulnd be a problem. Also the liquid causes a lot of irritation. any thoughts on this difficult topic?

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr.Bernstein says that liquid is better than foam:

"The problem with the foam is that, even though it is aesthetically a little bit nicer, it doesn’t really allow the medicine to penetrate quite as well into the scalp. Also, the foam is very hard to get on the scalp, especially if you have a lot of hair. It seems like the foam gets caught up in the hair, where with the liquid, you can separate the hair and get the liquid directly on the scalp."

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair-transplant-video/which-is-better-rogaine-foam-or-liquid/

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr.Bernstein says that liquid is better than foam:

"The problem with the foam is that, even though it is aesthetically a little bit nicer, it doesn’t really allow the medicine to penetrate quite as well into the scalp. Also, the foam is very hard to get on the scalp, especially if you have a lot of hair. It seems like the foam gets caught up in the hair, where with the liquid, you can separate the hair and get the liquid directly on the scalp."

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair-transplant-video/which-is-better-rogaine-foam-or-liquid/

what if you have a shaved head? for example 0, 1, 2, 3, buzz cutt? woulnd it effectively reach the scalp?

JonnyKid

Reaction score
I completely agree with the foam issue. Half of it is wasted on the hair when it needs to get on the scalp. How about a minoxidil spray or a mist? There are a few out there but a bit expensive.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
what if you have a shaved head? for example 0, 1, 2, 3, buzz cutt? woulnd it effectively reach the scalp?

I guess it would be better, but that defeats the purpose of using the foam in the first place because people prefer it because it doesn't look as greasy in your hair as the liquid. Plus the liquid is much cheaper too.