Re Turkish Clinics - Yay Or Nay? Discuss

HyVriD

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am on the verge of biting the bullet on a hair transplant in Turkey. Firstly, yes I know it’s like a minefield there, which is why I am asking for your help. I am presently in touch with the following:

Class Hair Turkey

Meridian Hair Turkey

Class Hair have always been willing to assist me, discuss prices and have a look at my photos, however I get the vibe they their ‘results’ are copy-pasted to numerous potential customers. Furthermore, I was blown away by the fact that their transplant adds up to only $1,100 all inclusive, for what is called a Sapphire FUE. To me, it just does not make sense. However I would love to hear your thoughts, or maybe people who have made use of their service. Note that payment is at the hospital. Lastly, they provided me with the doctor’s (Mehmet Ay)’s certificate, who is supposedly part of the American Board of Surgery and International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery…

Meridian Hair Turkey has provided me with the following information, and even the doctor (Eyyup Polat). Furthermore, they have offered numerous videos of people who are of the same nationality as myself, which indirectly gives me some sort of peace of mind. Have you guys ever heard of both companies? Let me know your thoughts. Price is 1,400 euros all-inclusive. Both companies do not offer price per graft, but it’s 1,400 euros for 5000 grafts in this case.

Nounours

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey HyVriD!
I was also at one point considering a future transplant in Turkey for obvious reasons but I echo what S14a has to say. It's way too risky! I'm sure some of the surgeries can provide great results but as you said, it's a minefield.

Prices as low as that for so many grafts scream that it's too good to be true (in my opinion). I think you're better off just going to a more reputable clinic in Europe to avoid an even bigger problem.

Sorry, I'm not really answering your question here!

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I ask what made you decide Turkey when you just stated it was a minefield there?

HLV

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turkey is not a minefield if you do your research, there is no risk in going there, they have some of the best surgeons in the world, there are well trusted surgeons that has been doing surgeries for years and years in turkey, Keser, Pekiner, Erdogan, Demirsoy are all well trusted surgeons and there are many other good clinics like HLC.

Now if you want to to go to an unknown clinic that does 5000 graft for like 1k or 2k then yes you are taking a huge risk..

Devious

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome! Hope it goes well. What package did you go for, how many grafts?

Apologies for the delay. All went well!

I opted for gold plus and had approximately 3.5k grafts. I would share my detailed experience however it's actually not too different from the one posted here so I wont rush to post an almost repeat of this persons post: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...acar-cosmedica-turkey-gmh-5000-grafts.126469/

Main points to take away were the pickup times in the morning were a little bit disorganised but I always grabbed the first transport in the morning and had no problems being seen to relatively quickly each day. The needle free anaesthesia still kind of sucks as the anaesthesia hasn't fully gone in before they started using needles after that (was the worst part of the whole surgery to be honest as I fell asleep multiple times during the procedure).

There were atleast two surgeries that were hosting their guests in the hotel we were put up in, I won't divulge the name of the other one but the result difference between Cosmedica and them was extremely evident. Severe bleeding, bad looking transplants and several 2s instead of 1s in the front hairline was evident from that competitor. for the £1k saving going for the other place I'm happy I went with Cosmedica.