Re: James (27) 15 months at Apr 2010...NEW Photos.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: James (27) 15 months at Mar 2010...stopping propecia...?

Yeah, I'm thinking more that I've used solely minoxidil in the past for a few months then stopped when I felt that I'd made enough progress (naive I know....), however I always led myself to believe that if I'd kept going, it'd have got even better. Perhaps, it wouldn't and would have tailed off anyway. Interesting theory.

Anyway, I've ordered some official Merck proscar from Dr John Ashcroft today, had a good little chat with him and got enough to last me for 9 months when it turns up, so all I can do now is take the proscar, keep using the foam and see what happens.

Disappointingly, the salon that I was hoping to get a proper haircut from is all booked up this week, so I'm unsure what to do at the minute about that one. I'm loath to go back down the shave it right down option again whilst I have 3 weeks worth of growth on my head...

I'm going to aim to put some latest pictures up tonight as well to show you where I'm coming from at this point.

verlieber

Reaction score

Ok since we are both similar, I'd like to report any progress in the coming months, good luck to all.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score

Right, pictures just taken now...usual mixture of flash used in some and not in others....this is it, 15 months in.

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3757.jpg

Algren

Reaction score
Honestly, hard to tell from the pictures you've taken if there has been progress or regrowth. At least maintain.

But, what is YOUR feeling towards it?
And what about people around you?
This is important.

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't really see much of a difference. I would say that's a good thing given your rate of loss. You stated you started losing hair at 22 and started treatment at 25. It looks like you were losing it pretty fast when you consider how much you lost in only 3 years. To lose that much hair in 3 years and then see no change after 1.25 years would lead me to beleive you are responding pretty well.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
I can see your point actually and that's very true :)

Anyway, my order of genuine proscar has arrived from Dr Ashcroft and now to start cutting it up! - Do you think taking 2.5mg every 2 days would be okay? I'm a bit wary of cutting into 4 pieces in case it breaks it into even smaller fragments.

Still growing my hair out a bit which is allowing me to mess it up slightly - it's only been about 5 weeks now though! I'm due another visit on Thursday where the hairdresser said with the extra length on top, she'll be able to start working on it a bit more.....so we'll see what happens from there.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why you dropped Alpecin early on? I remember there was a lot of discussion as to whether it affected minoxidil or not (I know I dropped it) but it didn't seem to affect your progress, looking at your pics.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey....apologies for the long delay guys, I've just logged back-in and noticed the new replies....I'm back using alpecin shampoo again now and still using the foam once a day and the propecia. Where it stands is a bit iffy at the minute as I'm not 100% sure how well things are going. Put it this way, I've hardly had a miracle spurt of growth :(