RE GROWTH AFTER TRANSPLANTS

SPORT22008

Reaction score
HELP..I RECIEVED MY LAST TRANSPLANT JAN. 28, 2005. I HAVE NOT ONLY NOT SEEN RESULTS BUT I FEEL THE AMOUNT OF HAIR I NOW HAVE IS LESS THAN BEFORE THE TRANSPLANTS. I DID THIS LAST ONE TO SURE UP ANY GAPS BUT NOW AFTER 9 MONTHS MY FRONT HAIRLINE IS TRANSPARENT. WHEN SHOULD I GET FRANTIC? THE Doctor SAID IT IS DUE TO SHOCK AND SHOULD START GROWING ANY DAY NOW, BUT I AM LOST..HELP..WHAT DO I DO?
DISTRESSED

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are going through this. Was the majority of the work at the hair line? Do you have baseline photos? This should help you better assess the situation. If it's been nine months since the hair transplant, and your surgeon is claiming shock loss, I'm not sure I would trust him. Have you seen another surgeon for a second opinion?

jeffsss

Reaction score
relax.

I get stressed every day I wash my hair an pull 50 hairs, the more i think about it the more miserable i am.

did you take pics? do you truely have less or is it in your head?

the transplated hairs should be there for long time.

again. relax.

G

Sport i would be worried if its been 9 months and the growth is not really there! I think you need to really get answers now from your suregon! You got pics you can show us?

Rgds
Damo

G

You should really have experienced approx 70/80% growth at this 9 month stage - i would definately consult with your Dr!

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep - talk with your Doctor ...

definitely would think you should have some growth by now

I had mine transplant in Feb 2005 and all is coming in quite nicely