Rate my progress please (with pics)

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
After looking at your hair so much u cant be objective. Please let me know what u think about my progress on the big 3.

Im particularly concerned with the left hand side.

Current pic is on the left (june07), old pic (december06) is on the right. Sorry for the different colour/contrast. I used different cameras.

Please ask any questions you may have, I just dont want to straight away reveal my personal view on the situation as not to influence your opinion.

G

I'd say you've at least maintained and maybe slightly thickened up the hairline a bit. hard to tell if you have done that but you've certainly maintained at least. i think you could drop the rogaine and be fine on finasteride and nizoral. you've got good hair.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like you regrew any hair around your temples (if that's what you're aiming for), but everything else thickened up quite nicely. And your hair looks a whole lot healthier too, especially in that first pic. I'd be very pleased with the progress if I were you.

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks excellent either way. You have nothing to worry about really.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like your hair has thickened but unfortunately looks like your temples are receeding more.

How old are you?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Yah seems my hair has thickened some and the left temple receded a tiny bit. I hope that this is due to the first year of treatment being a bit up and down...

My intention starting my regimen was/is to thicken up my temples and stop the recession, still a few months before the 12 month period is over though.

I am 31 years old.

JayMan, u think I can drop the Min cos its not working?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try foam on the temples instead. Apparently it works for more people than liqud.

I'm not on commission, honest! :lol:

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair has most definitely thickened up, plus there seems to be a fair few new hairs on your temples where there didn't seem too be before. Probably the foam kicking in. Keep the foam up and I reakon its gonna look awesome!

Peace...

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you dye your hair darker?

Maybe its just the contrast thats makes your hair look darker though, because your eyebrows also seem darker in the after shots too.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's due to the contrast or not, but your hair looks thicker.

Wave

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude i'm in the same exact position as you are. My hairline is gradually receding (relatively fast) but the rest of my hair was thick. I was on the big three. After nearly 6 months with no growth along hairline, i quit the foam. However, i did have a LOT of regrowth on my frontal areas behidn the hairline. Since i quit rogaine, i have experienced a lot of shedding (been about 1 month since quitting)> hopefully after the shed it won't be TOO bad. I'd be happy with maintanence, just like yours. But if you quit foam you WILL shed a lot, be prepared.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair at 31 looks fabulous IMO, I am SO jealous

very impressive result, bro

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive words and info guys.

I use the foam on my temples (both on slick and receding areas).

The newer photos were taken by a different camera so my hair looks darker, but I did not dye it or anything like that. I will try to get my hands on the camera that I used before.

I dont plan to stop using the foam anytime soon as its so easy to apply and cheap.

RaginDemon said:
hair at 31 looks fabulous IMO, I am SO jealous

very impressive result, bro

lol thanks, I am just lucky that male pattern baldness is progressing slowly for me.

Wave said:
Since i quit rogaine, i have experienced a lot of shedding

Why not start Rogaine again?

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
still losing in your temples

G

Overall it looks the same (not bad), but I DO notice there's some vellous hairs growing just below your hairline (essentially extending your hairline now w/vellous at least) on the current pic.

DONT stop the minoxidil, as you need at least one year before you notice significant growth anyways for the most part. Those vellous hairs will thicken up the longer you're on minoxidil.

Posting this pics is going to make a lot of people upset/jealous here though, so hopefully you're not stressing out over your minimal hairloss.

From forehead up you kinda look like Gavin Rossdale.

Wave

Established Member
Reaction score
lain, the reason why I don't want to restart foam is because I was afraid that it will eat up my hairline. If my hairlien continues to recede 2 months after stopping foam, I will restart it because I know that my hairline will most probably continue to recede after that and my best hope for recover is the foam. But hopefully by that time, the finasteride will start kickign in and halt my hairline recession.