Rate my Hairpiece

ARONO129

Reaction score
After reading over the thread, I decided to remove the pictures. Some of you gave some constructive advice/critisism while others were just rude idiots (sorry but you are). The ones who made the "It's pretty obvious it's a piece", Describling it as a "wall of hair" or saying "Why do these guys always go for the Alec Baldwin look showing off the fake hairline".

There was a better way of saying what you said. I will go and get it cut it better and when it is, nobody will be able to tell. On the other hand some of you here will still be rude idiots. Only one other poster had the guts to post a link to his hair piece here. Pretty easy to stand back and insult someone when you don't have the courage to do the same thing yourself.

IBM

Reaction score
I disagree. I know a man that use hairpiece and you look just like him. Everyone knows he use an hairpiece.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
To me it just looks too thick in the pics taken from the front. All of those stray hairs at the hairline that don't go up also look sort of suspicious.

ARONO129

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. My next piece from there will have less density. It's hard to know until you actually get it. The hair does have to settle and my stylist put it on too high. I will take pics again when it settles.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
You`re a brave man to put unedited pics on here for feedback.
It really is the best way to see whats going on and let you know how it looks.

Yes the density is too high, and the standard for both the density, color, and where the hairline begins works really good this way-
The density and color should be the same as that of your eyebrows. Hairlines that are darker and/or thicker than your eyebrows look wrong, so keep the eyebrows in mind when choosing a density and color.
As far as blending, it looks good there so the color is right, just the frontal density is too high.
For placement, your hairline should start no lower than within 3 fingers width from the top of your eyebrows, and no higher than 3 fingers from your eyebrows while they`re furrowed.

Thats a rule of thumb but it really does work.

Your hair would also look really good if the hairline had some recession in it and wasnt straight across.

Some things you can do to reduce, or give the appearance of a reduced density-

You can go for the wet look, that`ll tame them higher densities.
I like to do it with a wide toothed comb and no product.
I`ll get my hair very soaking wet, lightly style it with a wide toothed comb, then never touch it again
(that same day, anyways)

It`ll dry with the hairs separated very widely via the wide toothed comb thus giving a wet look with no product in the hair.
The wet look always appears thinner in density.

A couple other things you can do, although these are long shots in your case, is to either go for a very short haircut or stretch the hairpiece out ALOT when applying it to your scalp.
In order for that to work, it`d need to be cut down in overall size though.

You can actually move it too. Move the hairline down, I mean.
Using some 99% alcohol (91% wont do) get the bond wet with the alcohol. This will loosen the bond.
Put both hands, palms down, onto the hair with one hand in the front area
(but behind the hairline, not on it) and the other hand in the very back, press down firmly, then very slowly use only the front hand to move the hairline down.
Move it just a little, and keep your hand in the back stationary so the back doesnt move too.
You want to try not to move the back, since its blended alright now and moving it will mess that up.
So you`re basically stretching the front hairline more forwards while the rest stays where its at.

Other than that you are on your way to getting there, you seem to have the right attitude for this.

CCS

Reaction score
ARONO129 said:
I'm an ugly bugger so you are just commenting on the hair.

You actually are not bad looking. Maybe just average, but with lots of room to improve.

1. Fill in those eyebrows, and reduce the ark so they are flatter. Make the color match the hair color. I'm not sure how to do this. I'm working on it too. Maybe a very fine permenant tatoo, or eyebrow pencil, will make your face look better.

2. Relax the cheak muscles if you can, so you don't get those big folds. I get those sometimes to, but look a lot better when I control it. Practice letting your jaw hang a bit lower, with your tonge tip pressed up against the back of the front hard plate at the roof of your mouth.

3. 10 units of botox ($110) every 4 month above and between the eyes will help.

4. MB will keep saying "make the hair match the eyebrows". I saw get the perfect hair, and make the eyebrows match the hair. A full cap is easiest to blend, and is $140 at http://www.finalhair.com. Get a super thin skin perimeter for easy clean up and stronger hold, 1/2 inch. Leave the nape hair, since the skin flexes so much there you should do 3/4 cap.

5. With a full cap, you can add temples. Make sure they are the best possible. Experiment, and look at model hair lines, but pick the best looking ones.

6. Most guys look better with a spikey buzz cut. The full cap can get you that.

7. Maybe carefully use some salicylic acid to reduce those moles under your eye.

Workout, and you could easily be at least a 7, maybe and 8.

CCS

Reaction score
The hairline actually is not bad. But the temples slope back, when with a hairline like that they should go straight up. That gives it away, along with the thin eye brows. You only live once. Use some full caps with temples and get the best possible. You don't have to look 50 to look real. Skip the recession, unless you are just trying to look normal at work. Your goal is to impress the women, right? Well put some thought into it, but it can be done.

ARONO129

Reaction score
I pluck the grey hair out of my eyebrows. I hate grey hair especially there so from now on I'm going to color them. They do look too thin.

The moles under my eye is acne. I just don't take acre of myself. I'm a 42 year old smoker who eats junk food and my only hobby is gaming. I have really high blood pressure and both my parents fdied young of heart attacks. I'm a mess and I have really no incentive to change.

The piece looks better today. I deep conditioed it twice yesterday. No shampoo just deep conditioner. As far as being brave goes, there are people that have worse things than a hair piece. I don't see why on a hair loss forum, more people won't post their pic. We are pretty much all here for the same reason.

bubka

Reaction score
why do guys with pieces always seem to have the hair combed back so that the fake hairline is showing? I would wear it styled with the does the perfect hairline and the hair combed straight back, but I do not know anything about pieces really... maybe it actually looks less fake that way... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

It is like you are overly overcompensating :crazy:

CCS

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
I think its pretty obvious that its a piece.

It is only obvious because of how much the rest of his face aged. His highbrows are on older, greyer brown, whereas the hair on his head has a more youthful red tone.

He could pull it off much better if he somehow adjusted his eyebrows.

What I'm proposing though is for him to try to look younger. Not an easy task. I'm trying to do that too, and I'm hitting it from all angles, including being in good shape. It works. I've fooled people.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eyebrows and perhaps grow your sideburns out. Also a lil fake tanner? or get a real tan??

metalheaddude

Reaction score
This some of the worse advice ive EVER heard. Especially from CCS. Boarders on rude.

To the OP, personally I think its all over. Its time to forget the toupee, live life with a shaved head, but change your lifestyle from gaming and junk food to something more fullfilling and the change in your face will be phenominal it will turn back the clock 10 years naturally. But you will feel better on the inside and thats whats most important.

s.a.f

Reaction score
OK my 2 cents, firstly with the piece I think the style and density are too much, why do most wearers go for such big styles. This guy is trying to sport a 3" quiff, is he going for a Alec Baldwin look? Try something less noticible.

And just for all the others THIS GUY IS IN HIS 40's!!
Give him a break about how he looks.
Let me explain it : For all you guys in your 20's with your metrosexual routines, not many guys in their 40's have the time and inclination or even the ability to maintain a workout schedule.

ARONO129

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
This some of the worse advice ive EVER heard. Especially from CCS. Boarders on rude.

To the OP, personally I think its all over. Its time to forget the toupee, live life with a shaved head, but change your lifestyle from gaming and junk food to something more fullfilling and the change in your face will be phenominal it will turn back the clock 10 years naturally. But you will feel better on the inside and thats whats most important.

Some of the remarks do border on being rude but I did ask so I can't whine about it now.

My stylist is off today but the next spot he has open, I'm going to get it trimmed.

At first after reading some of these remarks I thought it was a mistake to post my pics before the hair had even settled, now I realize that I picked up a few pointers.

The title is "Rate My Hairpiece". It doesn't mean I'm the only one who can post pics here. Why doen't some of you guys step up too and let's see what you have. :youbet:

CCS

Reaction score
I posted a lot of pics months and years ago. But I deleted most of them. i think there are still some funny photoshopped ones somewhere.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya i don't understand why anyone would want to go for the "wall of hair" effect we see here. seems to me you'd want to get something with some recession, maybe even a thin crown, to aid in the disguise.