Rate My Chances Of hair transplant - Photos Inside

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m 44 desperately hoping an hair transplant will work for me. I want to retain option to go to a 1 guard so has to be FUE. I’m just looking for decent overall coverage, not thick density / hairline, framing of scalp / face. Would also consider beard hair which in my case isn’t a million miles from my scalp hair. Rate my chances? How many grafts do I have to play with? Will travel to see the best.

Attachments

• E577B46E-C7E5-4EC8-BD0A-D56AB4BC546A.jpeg
    E577B46E-C7E5-4EC8-BD0A-D56AB4BC546A.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 606
  • 92A38213-DB84-4620-B58B-9FB3C3D811A1.jpeg
    92A38213-DB84-4620-B58B-9FB3C3D811A1.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 610
  • 9AF6E1CF-50CE-4251-B8F0-86822627FD16.jpeg
    9AF6E1CF-50CE-4251-B8F0-86822627FD16.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 622
  • 7B2CC603-00A8-4D7C-A534-CA8F62BBDC4A.jpeg
    7B2CC603-00A8-4D7C-A534-CA8F62BBDC4A.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 586
  • AEAE7656-D307-47CE-B104-962E049923A9.jpeg
    AEAE7656-D307-47CE-B104-962E049923A9.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 597

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say wait a month or two to see if PTD-DBM works. If you don't know what it is research it there is a group buy going on on regrowbros.com and they will be receiving the chemical in a matter of weeks. At this point you are looking at a very lackluster transplant. Even if PTD-DBM doesn't work I think you are better off waiting for something else. You have made it this far might as well wait for a better solution.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say wait a month or two to see if PTD-DBM works. If you don't know what it is research it there is a group buy going on on regrowbros.com and they will be receiving the chemical in a matter of weeks. At this point you are looking at a very lackluster transplant. Even if PTD-DBM doesn't work I think you are better off waiting for something else. You have made it this far might as well wait for a better solution.
Thanks I'll read up. I know I don't have a great donor area. What do I lose by transplanting 1500 grafts in the front and giving that 1 year?

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
The Dr told me I May have 3500 left.. My donor was pretty thick... Just a lot of real estate to cover.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is your problem, without medication (finasteride or dutasteride) you will keep losing hair, so what you have done now will be left by itself as the other scalp recedes. I also hate to say this, but i would not have guessed you are 44.
If i was in your shoes i would get blood tests to see what my DHT and hormone levels are, and start to fix that first.
Assuming that is done, then a hair transplant is possible to get coverage everywhere. 5000 grafts, with 2000 on the front and 3000 to 4000 in the crown would be about the best you could hope for.
Send your photos to the best hair transplant doctors and ask for an estimate on grafts, they should be willing to do that.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is your problem, without medication (finasteride or dutasteride) you will keep losing hair, so what you have done now will be left by itself as the other scalp recedes. I also hate to say this, but i would not have guessed you are 44.
If i was in your shoes i would get blood tests to see what my DHT and hormone levels are, and start to fix that first.
Assuming that is done, then a hair transplant is possible to get coverage everywhere. 5000 grafts, with 2000 on the front and 3000 to 4000 in the crown would be about the best you could hope for.
Send your photos to the best hair transplant doctors and ask for an estimate on grafts, they should be willing to do that.

Thanks for reply - I assume you think I look older? Anyway what's that got to do with my hair? What makes you think my hormones need fixing? I did get my DHT checked earlier this year and it was slightly below the normal range. Taking finasteride would lower it further which I felt was going to make me prone to sides. So I went for the topical route instead but it gave me unacceptable sides including gyno (currently working ha4d to get lean to see if the fat (I hope) will go away). One of the things thats scares me is the prospect of white dot scarring. Going really short around back and sides is my main weapon against the horseshoe look and it works quite well. I'd hate to lose that. But if I got a decent hair transplant result I wouldn't need to. Catch 22!

razy

Reaction score
I am not sure if you're a good candidate to have a hair transplant at this time.

You're donor area (crown) has recession that is quite low.

You may need to do a combination of scalp and body hair to get decent coverage if you're really set on a hair transplant.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if you're a good candidate to have a hair transplant at this time.

You're donor area (crown) has recession that is quite low.

You may need to do a combination of scalp and body hair to get decent coverage if you're really set on a hair transplant.

Yeh I seem to have retrograde alopecia too, thinning of the nape further diminishing the safe zone.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd personally go for scalp micropigmentation. May need a few sessions, but I think that's more promising than any transplant.