Rapid Thinning After Shedding 3 Months?

kipkasper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Other than noticing that my hairline had receded 5 years ago when I was 21 (took me to NW2), I wouldn't say that I had aggressive male pattern baldness as it hadn't changed in those 5 years since. However in the last 3 months I have been shedding off and on and would guess that the hair at the front of my scalp (about an inch from the hairline and back into my scalp) has reduced in density by about 50-60%. I have no idea what caused my hairloss to ramp up, but it did coincide with an increase in facial and body hair, which makes me think my dht had risen

This amount of thinning in such a short term has really shocked me, I thought that sheddings role in hair loss was that it miniaturised hair, so the shedding was just part of the natural hair cycle, however, if you are sensitive to dht in your scalp then it will progressively grow back weaker in short cycles. My hair that shed looked healthy, but it's as if the follicles just died for some reason, and with the rate at which it fell out, i'm not getting my hopes up for any regrowth

Do some people go bald by simply having their hair fall out one day? Also I read on another forum that shed hair has been dead 3 months before it falls, but haven't been able to find anything on line to substantiate that, is that true?

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The telogen phase is typically 2-4 months. It's hard to say, your hair can miniaturize quickly, over a span of let's say a year, or it can take years. Luck of the draw.